Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Member

Early Upgrade with Device Payment?

I am eligible to upgrade early even though my upgrade date is 2/28/16, If I was to upgrade early can I be able to upgrade to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB in Silver when it's released in the Best Buy Stores with Best Buy Mobile inside on 9/18 (if that is the release dat) and I know I would have to turn in my iPhone 5c but do I have to change my data plan or could I be able to keep the More Every Unl Talk & Text 2GB plan while on the Device Payment Program with Verizon and does this effect the other 2 lines on my account?

Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Re: Early Upgrade with Device Payment?

Hi xBecky83,

Welcome to the Best Buy Unboxed forums! It's always exciting when an announcement from Apple is around the corner, and it'll be exciting to see what they will announce this Wednesday.

As far as upgrading early on Verizon Device Payment, you'd have to double-check your eligibility on http://amurl.co/upgcheck. More likely than not, if you're eligible for Verizon Device Payment, you may have to turn in your iPhone 5C. As far as changing your data plan, as long as you're on the 2GB More Everything Plan, you should be able to keep it.

Keep in mind that Verizon Device Payment is on a per-line basis, so moving one device onto Device Payment will not affect the other lines, their contracts, or upgrade eligibilities.

Hope this helps!
- Alex

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.
Valued Member

Now that I found out that the release date for the 2 newest iPhones is 9.25.15 Could I be able to upgrade early to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB with the Verizon Device Payment on 9.25.15 and I doubled checked again and it says I cam eligible to upgrade with Debice Payment and how does the Device Payment work? 

Valued Member

Now that I found out that the release date for the 2 newest iPhones is 9.25.15 Could I be able to upgrade early to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB with the Verizon Device Payment on 9.25.15, If I was to do this and I doubled checked again and it says I am eligible to upgrade with Debice Payment and how does the Verizon Device Payment work? 

Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

xBecky83,

The new iPhones are definitely something to get excited about, and Verizon Device Payment makes it easy to get the latest phone for $0 down for well-qualified buyers. Here's how it works:

The cost of your device is spread up over 24 months on your monthly bill with $0 down at signing for well-qualified buyers. With Verizon Device Payment, there aren't any more two-year contracts, upgrade fees, or early termination fees. You're eligible to upgrade as soon as the device is fully paid off. On More Everything Plans, you are eligible for an up to $25 per month discount per line on Verizon Device Payment. This helps make the cost of the phone more affordable.

You can find out more by visiting our site here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/verizon-device-payment/pcmcat326800050016.c?id=pcmcat326800050016

As always, please let us know if we can be of any help!

Sincerely,

Alex M.

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.
Valued Member

Will I still be paying the $40 Smartphone Line Access with the Verizon Device Payment?

If you are on an older mobile share data plan, you will get a discount of either $15 [under 6G data plan] or $25 [6GB or more] off the regular $40 line access.

If you move to the new Verizon (small) plan there is a 20$ discount regardless of data plan size....and may be a better choice if you are not a big data user.

You will pay the sales taxes on the device the day you get your phone.
Valued Member

I'm gonna wait till my upgrade date 2/28/16 which is close to being 4 months to go to upgrade to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB in Silver and I'll fet the $20 discount for the smartline access automatically after my contract ends on 2/28/16

Valued Member

I'm gonna wait till my upgrade date 2/28/16 which is close to being 4 months to go to upgrade to the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB in Silver and I'll get the $20 discount for the smartline access automatically after my contract ends on 2/28/16