Add Product

Search Results:

Do I lose my number if I "activate now"?

Hi there. 

I currently have an iPhone (using Verizon) and I am planning on switching to a Galaxy S9. While looking for a good deal, I came across the option here on best buy to "activate now" for a discount. I want an unlocked phone but I will be staying with Verizon, so will choosing "activate now" mean I have to get a new phone number? 

Valued Expert

Re: Do I lose my number if I "activate now"?

You will have to deactivate your iPhone when activating your S9.

Curious though, if your going with Verizon why do you need an unlocked?

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

The reason i'm getting an unlocked phone is because i like to keep my options open, also the unlocked version is cheaper than the verizon version. i know that i have to deactivate my phone when activating my s9, but i don't quite think my question has been answered...will i be able to keep my number when going with the activate now option?
Valued Expert

If you activate with Verizon you should not have any problem.  You will need to get a sim card from Verizon.

I would suggest going into a store to get it done. 

It should act just like activing a locked phone. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.