Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Delay Activation through Verizon

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the Pixel 3 for my wife through Best Buy on Black Friday as a Christmas gift.  We are currently on Verizon and eligible for upgrades.  Is there any way for me to purchase the phone on Black Friday, but delay the activation of the phone until 12/25/18, so that I can surprise my wife?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Trusted Contributor

Re: Delay Activation through Verizon

Jonathan,

You will receive the phone from the store and you can activate it at any time. However, I believe the first charge will show up on  your next bill so you might want to divert the bill from her eyes. 

When I purchased my Pixel 2 last year I actually didn't activate it for 3 or 4 days.

These days you can activte the phone in your own house.

BTW that is a great gift.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks bobberuchi,

But I'm looking at > 30 days to activate the phone, since I'm purchasing it in a few days.  Not sure if that is still acceptable, as I've heard previously that you have to activate within a certain period?

Trusted Contributor

I would log into your Verizon Account online and activate a chat window with a Verizon person and ask to make sure.

I only waited a few days.  I have read 45 days elsewhere but you will want to make sure direct with Verizon.  45 days would make sense as new phones are a common Chirstmas gift. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.