Add Product

Search Results:

Can you still renew a 2 year contract for AT&T at BestBuy?

I was told that i wouldnt be able to renew my contract with best buy anymore. i planned on using my best buy credit card when i went in.

Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Re: Can you still renew a 2 year contract for AT&T at BestBuy?

Hi andrew,

Getting a new phone is an exciting process and we're glad you chose to come back to Best Buy Mobile. Unfortunately AT&T has discontinued 2-year contracts for new and existing customers. However, you are able to upgrade your phone through AT&T Next.

For more information about AT&T Next and how it works, you can visit this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mobile-Phones-Promotions/AT-T-Next/pcmcat332500050034.c?id=pcmcat3325000...

Sincerely,

Alex M.

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.
Recognized Member

You can renew your 2 year contract at AT&T stores, but not Best Buy stores (or other non-AT&T stores).
-Proud CAGer.

I spoke to an AT&T rep recently and they told me that best buy can still renew your 2-year contract as long as you've never been on their AT&T Next program. I would like to know if this is true because I would much rather upgrade to a new phone at best buy rather than an AT&T store.

Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Regrettably you cannot. The rep may have been misinformed. AT&T removed the ability for us to do this.
I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.

Thank you for the quick response!