Add Product

Search Results:

Can anyone help me with GPS booster for andriod phones!!!!!!

I have an LG Volt (with Virgin Mobile service) that I was fine with until Pokemon Go came out.  My 15 year old has a Samsung 5s (new out of the box June 2016, on Straight Talk service) and we are both having GPS issues.  We've seen people with some sort of antenna sticking out of their headphone jack and I was wondering if we could get something as well.

Can someone offer me advice on what to get that's worth the time and money, a specific brand and type?

I need to upgrade my phone but that won't happen till Christmas.

I am having the issue of constantly losing my GPS signal and I'm not sure if it's my old style phone or the game itself.

15 year old is having strange issues.  His friend has Samsung 5s, no issues whatsoever but he never updated Google Maps.  My 15 yr old updated Google Maps and now we go to the park and his Pokemon trainer will not enter the park, he stands on the road.  We went to the library, then drove 30 miles away, the Pokemon trainer stayed at the library for the whole 30 mile distance!

I just want this to work.  Me and the boy finally have something we can do together and I'd appreciate greatly, any advice on helping this game work for us without spending thousands of dollars on iPhones  :-D

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Can anyone help me with GPS booster for andriod phones!!!!!!

I have no idea how well a GPS booster would work for a phone. If your trying to get more accurate, i.e. down to a 20 meter accuracy you probalby are not going to get it.

1. Tip 1: Check your location.
  2. Tip 2: Activate high accuracy mode.
  3. Tip 3: Use a compass app to recalibrate the GPS.
  4. Tip 4: Make sure nothing is interfering with your phone.

Disable all bloatware

look for updates.

see how much free space you have. If you have very little start deleting unecessary apps

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.