Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Can I upgrade my iPhone at Best Buy even though I have Verizon?

Can I upgrade my iPhone ar Best Buy so I can get it for $149 instead of $199 at Verizon? Will there be any penalties to my Verizon account?
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Re: Can I upgrade my iPhone at Best Buy even though I have Verizon?

Hi marinda!

You can absolutely upgrade your phone at Best Buy! There's virtually no difference between upgrading with us or Best Buy as far as your account goes, and you can benefit from our friendly, non-comissioned sales associates who will find the perfect device, plan, and accessories that fit your needs.

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.
Valued Member

Marinda, be warned though that domes verizon will charge you an activation fee if you do it anywhere but their stores. :/ you're still saving though!
Valued Member

*sometimes. sorry.
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Verizon actually charges an activation fee anywhere, even at Verizon Wireless stores, if you renew a 2-year contract. The only option to avoid an activation fee is to buy the phone at the full retail price or purchase it on Verizon Edge. As of writing, the current activation fee for Verizon is $40.

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.

Thank you all!! I actually went to Verizon and upgraded with the edge plan.. Loving my new iPhone 6 Smiley Happy