Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Apple Diverting Best Buy's Inventory to AT&T Stores

I just got back from my local store and I was told that Apple is pulling back some if it's inventory set aside for Best Buy and it's now going to AT&T stores instead.  He couldn't go into further detail, but he said they expect to get much less than they thought.

Also, I inquired about the pre-order list and he said the master list has not been made yet.  He said they have the stack of pre-orders sorted by time submitted.  He was able to find my pre-order and I was 7th from the top.  I am guessing they are waiting to see the quantity they get before making the list.  Why spend time making a list if zero phones show up?

Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Apple Diverting Best Buy's Inventory to AT&T Stores

this just gets better by the minute...

Highlighted

Wow, the speculation and rumors are gathering steam and adding significant distress to those of us who are awaiting official word from BB.

If these rumors are to be believed, how is that store employees have more inside info than our forum community connectors? 

If these rumors are untrue, can I request Jacob or someone from BB to refute these claims for the record?  

Highlighted

@moekuan wrote:

Wow, the speculation and rumors are gathering steam and adding significant distress to those of us who are awaiting official word from BB.

If these rumors are to be believed, how is that store employees have more inside info than our forum community connectors? 

If these rumors are untrue, can I request Jacob or someone from BB to refute these claims for the record?  

And where are these forum community connectors?  In hiding, waiting for the smoke to clear.  They don't want to be the bearer of bad news.  I don't know if the employee I talked to is full of it, but I don't feel confident in my #7 pre-order.  I wouldn't be surprised if they get 5 phones on the 24th.

Highlighted

Totally been in hiding all day...

Smiley Surprised

Highlighted
Trusted Member

I hope this new information ins't correct.  Unfortunately the only thing we can do is wait in see what happens.  Or hope that Jacob hs some good news for us!

Highlighted
Recognized Member

I dunno. Could be true but it does sound like a line a BB employee would make up.

But as I said yes. I was tols my my local BB mobile dept manager that they are only getting a VERY few iPhones to fill Pre orders on the 24th. VERY few as in 3-4. She said so few they were told not to make a big deal out of launch day and not to open early.

Gues we will find out we'd when people start getting calls for appointments.
Highlighted

I cannot understand the silence either from Jacob and the other community connectors.

Even if just to say, "we are looking into it", or "we are still waiting for inventory".  Anything but silence, which only creates more smoke. 

Bottom line is if the news will be bad, and I think it will, better to let us know now out of courtesy so some of us can mentally prepare for the lines on the 24th.  Either way, most of us will not be happy campers when we get the bad news, now or later makes no difference. 

But if BB comes out and cops to this pre-ordering fiasco and gives me a straight answer, I will take it mad but preserve an ounce of respect for their professionalism.

Ultimately, I do not think I have ever come across a large retail chain such as BB that tolerates their employees, up to store manager level, to offer enthusiastic un-company sanctioned claims to customers assuring them of launch day delivery when in fact their own FAQ refutes the guarantee.  If I were the higher ups at Corporate, I would be blasting memos left and right and handing down stern rebukes for anyone employee that do not toe the company line.  Of course, this is considering if the higher ups have any clue what is going on.  

Highlighted
Topics: 275
Kudos: 38
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 113

I only comment on facts and nothing has changed, unfortunately.  I have always said that we will not know what inventory we will get, until we get it.  I could tell you all day that Apple says we're going to get everything we ordered but that still doesn't guarantee anything.

Where have I been?  I've actually spent most of the day here on the forums removing things against the forum guidelines.  This includes personal attacks, linking to third party communities and posting confidential and proprietary information of Best Buy®.

The rumor that is mentioned in this topic is definitely nothing that has been communicated to any of our stores.  So, I can only assume that employee is spreading another rumor that was started online.  In my personal opinion, logic would say that Apple probably wouldn't tell us that is the reason, even if it was.  Does that make sense?

I am not "afraid" of sharing news with you guys.  This is my profession.  As I have assured you in the past, once there is news to share it will be posted.  No matter how good or bad it may seem to customers with pre-orders.

Thanks for your patience.

Jacob|Web Planner | Best Buy® Corporate
Highlighted

Jacob you mentioned yesterday that there would likely be more info today. I assume since you haven't posted anything there isn't an update but thought I would ask.