07-11-2011 11:00 AM
ECC Best Buy Deals Twitter Contest 2011
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years or older (except residents of Alabama and Nebraska, who must be 19 or older) at the time of entry. Employees and directors of Best Buy Stores, L.P. (“Sponsor”), and its parent entity, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, any companies which are performing work in Best Buy stores at Best Buy’s request, Web masters and Web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [children, spouse, parents, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will start at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011, and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period consists of twelve (12) Prize Periods, one (1) Prize Period each Wednesday (July 13, July 20, July 27, August 3, August 10, August 17, August 24, August 31, September 8, September 14, September 21 and September 28, 2011) during the Promotion Period. Each Prize Period will begin at 12:01 a.m. CT on a Wednesday, and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on that same Wednesday or upon receiving a correct answer (each Wednesday, a “Prize Period”). To enter, visit the Best Buy Deals Twitter Page at www.twitter.com/BestBuy_Deals to view the tweet that will contain one (1) trivia question for that Prize Period; or if you are a follower of Best Buy Deals page on Twitter as of 12:00:01 a.m. CT on the Wednesday of that Prize Period, you will automatically receive a tweet that will contain one (1) trivia question for that Prize Period. The trivia question will be posted at various times during each Prize Period. The eleventh person to submit a correct answer (“Submission”) as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to the trivia question during that Prize Period will be deemed the winner. Priority of correct answers will be determined via receipt through the platform (Twitter.com). Submissions must stay within the character limit for Twitter. Limit one (1) Contest Submission per person/Twitter account holder per Prize Period. If your Twitter account is private, your Submission will NOT be eligible. Entrants will need to post new Submissions each Prize Period to be eligible for prizes in that Prize Period. Any attempt at email or other Internet entry is void. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of submissions by using multiple/different accounts or any other methods will void all of that person’s submissions and that person will be disqualified. Submissions that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state, will be disqualified as determined solely by Sponsor. All Submissions will be reviewed for content. Submissions containing such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Submissions are eligible to take part in the Contest. By entering, entrant agrees that all submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering a Submission, each entrant warrants that it is original and created by the entrant and grants Sponsor the perpetual, unlimited and irrevocable right to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the Submission in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed.
3. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Winner will be selected by the Sponsor based on being the eleventh person to submit the correct answer for each Prize Period. Priority shall be in accordance via receipt through Twitter.com. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Each correct answer will be posted on the BestBuy_Deals Twitter Page following each Prize Period. Each Prize Period will award one (1) Grand Prize. Non-winning submissions for any Prize Period will NOT be carried over to subsequent Prize Periods. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Winner will be notified by Sponsor via direct message to their Twitter account on or about one day following the Prize Period end date.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Twelve (12) Grand Prizes (One (1) for each Prize Period): Each Grand Prize will have an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of at least $20; value not to exceed $300. Prizes will be announced at or before the time the trivia question is posted. Prize may vary from Prize Period to Prize Period. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable. Prize will not be fulfilled outside the 50 U.S./D.C. Prize will be shipped approximately 2-4 weeks after prize winner is notified and his/her eligibility confirmed. Odds of winning depend on the number of entrants and correct answers received for that Prize Period.
6.LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, postage due, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or Web site, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from the Web site. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Contest, and select winners for the corresponding drawing from all non-suspect, eligible entries received for such drawing(s) prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any Web site or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding Qualifying Submissions received from multiple users having the same Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account at the time of entry used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned the Twitter address.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.BESTBUY.COM, OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Contest must be brought in a state or federal court in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
8. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For names of winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by October 31, 2011 to: ECC Best Buy Deals Twitter Contest 2011 - Winners List/Official Rules Request (you must specify which), 7601 Penn Avenue S, D6-498, Richfield, MN 55423. Requests must be received by November 15, 2011.Official Rules will also be posted on forum.bestbuy.com during the Promotion Period.
9. SPONSOR: Best Buy Stores, L.P., 7601 Penn Avenue South, Richfield, Minnesota 55423.