Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS-55L260A13 Rev.A - Powering off on its own

Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue with my Insignia NS-55L260A13 Rev.A for about a month or so now. What happens is, randomly during use, on no consistent pattern or any consistent triggers, and no signs of any problems, the TV will just shut off completely. When it does, the red LED power light in the bottom left hand corner that is normally illuminated while the TV is powered off goes black. If I attempt to turn the TV back on (with the remote or physical button on the unit), nothing happens. I have to unplug the TV and plug it back in before it SEEMS to come back to life. A lot of times, instead of coming back on and working normally, the screen will flash for only a brief second, then go back to black, but this time the red LED power light stays on. Again, trying to turn the TV off or on with the remote or physical power buttons does nothing. 

Sometimes, The first time after unplugging it and plugging back in, it will come right back with no problems, and other times i will unplug and replug it in 4-5 times or more before it starts behaving again. Also, sometimes no matter how many times I do it it doesnt come back, and I eventually give up and just leave it unplugged for as long as possible (overnight usually), after which it will generally start working again.

It will sometimes go for a week or more without having a single issue, and other times it happens several times a day or several times a week.

Being a PC technician, I personally am suspicious of the Power Supply, but wondering if I might be able to get any insight to help guide me. I have browsed around and found other people experiencing issues that might possibly be related, but nothing that resembles my issue closely enough. Any and all help is much appreciated.

Visitor

Re: NS-55L260A13 Rev.A - Powering off on its own

Hello gcas1106,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

It does sound like it is quite possibly an issue with the power supply, I hesitate to say for sure without doing a proper diagnostic.  It's definitely a weird issue that has not come up before.  How long have you had the TV?

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I just started experiencing a very similar problem with my set, model NS-39l240a13 rev E.  The tv will stay on for anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour or so before shutting off and the red power led shuts off as well.  Sometimes it'll turn itself back on after 5-10 minutes, and other times I have to unplug it and hold in the power button a few times.  Seems like a power supply issue to me too, possibly bad capacitors?  This started for me last week and the problem is continuous, and more frequent every day it seems.  TV is pretty much unusable now.

Visitor

Hello Jeremy,

I have had the TV for just over 1 year. Got it in May of Last year, so its just over a month out of the 1 year warranty (Of course).

Visitor

Hello gcas1106,

I'm sending you a message requesting some information so we can get this taken care of.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hello totallywired,

How long have you had the TV?

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

A little over a year, I forget when exactly. I looked for the receipt but it's probably gone by now.
Visitor

Hello, I am having the same problems with NS-55L260-A-13 1080 LCD TV. Can you share with me how you fixed your TV. Was the power supply the problem? I have some knowledge in electronic's and have a meter to check the power supply. Before I open up the tv I was hoping that the power supply is the problem and that is what fixed your tv. The warranty expired in February of 2014. I will wait to hear from you. Thanks
Visitor

Hello rbourque1972,

His TV has not been fixed yet.  I really can't try to diagnose the issue without being able to physically test the TV.  The power supply is the most likely issue, but I can't say for sure.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Interesting mine is about 2- 2.5 years old it does not shut off on it's own(yet) but it does have the same problem turning on. About half the time it turns on no problem and the the other half the screen flickers a backlit black screen and then nothing but the red Led is on. If you remove power it may work right when you reapply power or you may have to do it countless times. Sometimes it won't work after doing this a dozen times so I leave it unplugged for 20 minutes to  countless hours and then it may work on the first or who nows what attempt at repowering.

model NS-55L260A13 Rev A

serial {removed per forum guidelines}