Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Darker than normal screen with odd colors

Hello. I have a flat HD tv model ns-lcd42hd-09 and today I noticed my tv is very dark and the colors are "odd". I haven't changed any settings. I first noticed it on a non-HD channel, then I turned to an HD channel and it was the same issue. Also, when I use the menu button, after I exit it, I can still see the imprint or outline of the menu box. I can see it on a tv show. Please help. I've had my tv since 2009.

Thanks.

Visitor

Re: Darker than normal screen with odd colors

Hello indigo,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

There are a few things to try.  First, I'd like you to go to the menu.  Go to the video settings and choose the settings option.  That will reset the TV back to the original settings.  The other thing to try applies if you have anything else connected to the TV.  Check and see if the picture is the same with the other devices.  If the picture stays the same after this, then it would need to be repaired.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Thank you for your response. I have reset the video settings and I have also checked other equipment connected to the tv (Netflix thru Xbox), and it is the same issue...still dark and odd colors. 

Visitor

Hello indigo,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like the TV needs to be serviced.  It's been reset back to factory settings and the picture is still off so it is a problem with one of the components.  Without being able to run a diagnostic, I can't tell you for sure what part it is or how much it would cost for a repair.  I wish I had better news for you.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I have the same exact issue, anyone have a fix other than "needs repaired"? I think we know that but could it be the inverter board or power board, I can not find any bulged caps but someone must know the fix.

Highlighted
Topics: 13
Kudos: 40
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 179

Hello jonnyvee,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

We'll be happy to look into this concern if you'll please reply with your Insignia product model number.

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

The model is ns-lcd42hd-09 and now there are vertical lines and it is a real bad picture almost kind of negative.

Visitor

Hello jonnyvee,

Based on what you're saying, it sounds like the panel itself could be the issue.  There are several different possible causes for this though.  There are 3-4 possible failure points for this issue.  Without a diagnostic it is impossible to know what exactly failed. 

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Yep, mine looks negative too. I just think I'm gonna get a new tv. Most of the repair places where I live say $100-$150 just to come out and diagnose it. And then to repair may be an additional $200-$500 Smiley Frustrated I'll definitely buy a warranty for longer than 5 years this time :-) Thanks!