Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Auto channel search not working

Hello,

The auto channel search is not picking any channels. The model number is NS-24E40SNA14 HD 60HZ ELED TV.

I got this TV from the Thanksgiving sales in BestBuy. From day 1, it is not picking up any channels.

The TV is provided by TWC and its cable based. My old TV which is atleast 15+ yrs is picking up around 40 channels

Please suggest what can be the issue.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Visitor

Re: Auto channel search not working

Hello sudhirso,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

There a couple of different scenarios here.  If you have a cable box connected with a coaxial cable, then choose antenna when you run the scan. 

If there's no cable box and coaxial cables, run a cable scan with no box.

If there's a cable box connected with anything other than a coaxial cable, then you need to change the input to the appropriate input.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hello i just received my INSIGNIA  22' LED TV, model number NS-22E400NA14. It was ordered from Best Buy, and from the moment i turned the tv on, it wont find any channels. Im not using cable, i'm using it mainly to watch dvds from. I have tried selecting the cable/no box option and no luck, Ive ran the scan at least 30 times and no channels, ive tried using the input button and it wont let me select anything other than TV. Please help

Visitor

Hello lisablack,

With a DVD player, there is no need to run a channel scan.  The important things to check is the connections on the back of the TV.  Generally with DVD players, you use the 3 colored cables.  If you are and have the NS-22E400NA14 TV, then plug the white cable into the white plug on the left, the red in the red to the right of the white and the yellow goes in the green plug to the right of the red.  Turn on the DVD player and then see if you can change your input to AV.   That should fix the problem and allow you to play DVD's.  If you need any more assistance, let me know.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I've had them hooked up from the start, and it still wont let me select the AV option, thats why i thought i had to scan the channels so i could change it to channel 2 or 3 like on my old tv.

Visitor

Ok i fixed it, for some reason i had to plug the red cord into the green slot in the back of the tv.

Visitor

Hello i am also having problems finding channels and im usung a antenna search. My model # is NS-32D312NA15.

Visitor

Hello driver314,

With a antennae, everything is going to depend on signal strength. If the original scan did not pull up anything, try moving the antennae further away from the TV, and as close to an exterior window as possible. Once rearranged, rerun the channel scan and see what channels were able to be located.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I was recently given a 28 inch. Ns-28dd310na15. I tried to do a digital/analog channel search but nothing came up. I've tried several times. I do not have an antenna. I have another flat screen tv, different brand, that was able to pull up digital channels without an antenna. Do insignia work the same way?
Visitor

Hello Emmalee,

None of our models of TV have built in antennas, you will need to connect the TV to an antenna to get the over the air broadcasted channels. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support