Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

42" lcd won't power up

Pretty Disaapointed....

This TV  (NS-L42Q-10A) has less than 10 hours of use.

We moved it from our guest room to the main room. I should have checked it before purchasing a wall mount and moutning the tv. My mistake.

The Tv worked fine the last time it was used about 6 months ago.

When I plug in the tv, the red led light flashes on the front but thats it.

Neither the TV buttons or the remote will get the tv to turn on.

It simply flashes the red light about every three seconds and nothing else.

Besides schedueling a service call for this hardly used tv, Is there any thoughts to my problem ?

If it takes a service tech to get this tv working again, i'll pass and get a new TV.One that's not an Insignia and let everyone know the trouble I've had with this rarely used tv.

Thank you for any help,

Sp0iler

Visitor

Re: 42" lcd won't power up

Hello Sp0iler,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

The only thing that i can recommend is unplugging the TV for 30 seconds and pressing and holding the power button on the TV as you do it for 30 seconds.  The only other thing to try is a different outlet.  I wish there was something else to try, but the next step after that is repair. 

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Thanks Jeremy,

It's a no go on the unplugging.

Thanks for the thought.

If anything else comes to mind, let me know.

Smiley Happy

Visitor

After a couple of days to ponder my issue .....

Even though the TV is rarely used, it has been plugged in for years.

Part of the power supply has probably died.

This weekend I'll pop the back off the TV abd take some voltage readings and see what I have.

I'll post my findings later.

Visitor

It's been awhile but here's where I'm at now.

I tested the power supply and it appeared to be working well to me.Still, for $50.00 I took the easy and sure road and purchased a working power supply.

It too was a no go and the problem persists.

Nothing but the red flashing led.

I guess next I

ll try a MainBoard for $100.00 next as I have neither the know how or tools to test the existing one.

If that wont fix it, This tv will make a nice target to shoot at after placing it in a plastic catch bag.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Visitor

Hello sp0iler,

Thank you for updating!

Those 2 are "usually" the most common for power surge or brownout damage. Hopefully the replacement MainBoard will get you going. If you come up with additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. If it's repair based I may or may not be of help, but at least I can try and check into it for you.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

My TV was working fine and then no picture, some sound and now will not turn on!  My daughter gave it to me as a X-mas present last December.  I have read the comments and I tried everything to include a new plug!  I am very upset since I don't have the receipt.

Visitor

Hello Neni,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

I'd be happy to see if we have any additional options. What is your TV model #, and on the back does it have a Manufacturer date?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Greetings!

This is the information on my TV - NS 39L240A13 Rev. D  

S/N {removed per forum guidelines}.  12J25R

I really hope you are able to help me.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Neni

Visitor

Hello Neni,

Thank you for responding!

It looks like the last of those TV's show sold May 2013, which puts it outside of the warranty timeframe. Can you contact your Daughter to see if she has a copy of the receipt, and see if that would give us any additional options?

In terms of troubleshooting, do you see the LED indicator lit up? If not, we are most likely looking at a hardware issue, which would require repair.

If we are seeing the LED lit, we're looking for either Red, or Blue color. You said you had tried some troubleshooting, did you try the Power Purge? If not, unplug the unit from the electrical outlet. While unplugged, hold down the power button on the set itself for 30-45 seconds. Once that has elapsed, release and reconnect to power.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support