Add Product

Search Results:

dennisshilling
Accepted Solution

will pc speakers work for LG flat screen TV

I would like to inhance the sound just a little for my new LG 47" flat panel TV--can I use PC speakers and where can I plug them in so the TV volume that works with the remote will increase or decrease the volume--help or better yet I have a home stereo system that has an aux input jacks with color code red and white can I use these--still don't know where to hook up on the TV

Please use plain text.
Reboyo

Re: will pc speakers work for LG flat screen TV

if your tv has a headphone jack, then yes, you could hook up pc speakers....  but I personally wouldn't want to do that.  despite how good pc speakers are getting, they won't be able to produce the quality of sound that a sound system can.  

as far as where to hook up, there's a section of connections on the back of your tv.  it's where the cable is plugged in so you can watch tv.  the one you are looking for to use with your home stereo is the red and white jacks that are labeled OUT, and you want to make sure that you plug in to the corresponding red and white jacks on your stereo that say IN.

Note- look at the back of your stereo to see what kind of connections it takes.  the general rule for connections ranked from lowest to highest quality go:

headphone jack

red, white, yellow (or AV)

s-video

component (which is actually video and not sound...  that's the red, green, blue jacks)

digital optical

hdmi

I probably missed a few, but that's the basics of connections. coaxal is in there somewhere, but I never use it in my sound systems.

Please use plain text.
Reboyo

oh and both ways I mentioned will work so your tv remote's volume control adjusts the volume.  When you get in to sound systems, then the audio would best be used going through your sound system first.  that's when you'd have to get a universal remote to control everything with 1 remote.

Please use plain text.
dennisshilling

Thank you Reboyo--you where most helpful--I connected to my home stereo and it works great --may look at buying a  sound bar with a optical cable for the future----Thanks once again

Please use plain text.