Add Product

Search Results:

tvs and external hard drives

Hi, which of your tvs would support a seagate external hard drive that holds 5tbs?  I have a samsung now but it only supports a harddrive with 2 tbs.  when I tried a 5 tb hard drive, it did not work.  I want to know before I buy.  thanks

Trusted Contributor

Re: tvs and external hard drives

Did you format the HDD to the TV.  NoVrmally a HDD that will work on a PC won't be recognized by the TV

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Trusted Contributor

The Sony 850F sereis TV's appear to support external HDD.  However, they don't show that on the BB web site. On the Sony web site they indicate it is so but do not specify an HDD size.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

hi, thanks for reply.  no, i called samsung and they said that particular tv did not support a 5tb hard drive.  It does work fine with a 2 tb.  I didnt format it, I just plugged it in and tv read it

thanks for response. I will look into that series. thanks .
Trusted Contributor

Like my Tivo. Supports 1 TB just fine but would not support 2 TB.  Out of curosity what do you do with the external HDD?

I am looking to get a new 950F from Sony and would be interested in that. 

i use it to watch movies of my kids, plus movies ive converted from my dvds to avi or mp and what not.
Trusted Contributor

I was wondering if you could record shows you acquired from streaming TV. Kind of like a DVR

i havent tried, but i have converted videos from youtube and put them on there
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks I will certainly look into it when I get my new TV.  I see Sony does sell a media center device that appears to perform similar but it is only 1 TB