Add Product

Search Results:

opened box Samsung Plasma 50" TV

Purchased an the opened box item listed above & have not been able to see a image yet.  BB Rep wrapped it in bubble wrap, rolled it to the door and then placed it in my car for me.  Sometime between the store and my house, the TV got a crack in screen.  It mostly probably happened when the TV fell forward inside my car with routine braking.  I feel the BB rep should have wrapped it more securely and placed it in my car more securely.  The BB store manager disagrees, he told me once I made the purchase it is mine, even if his employee did not wrap or secure the TV properly.  I purchased the $189/ 4 yr warranty which does not cover this.   Please advise.  I have never had a bad experience with BB before.

Recognized Member

Re: opened box Samsung Plasma 50" TV

[ Edited ]

Ouch that is very sad news my friend.   Did you pay for the tv with a credit card?

reason I ask is b/c some Credit cards offer an accidental damage on items you purchase with the card

Thanks for the reply.

Valued Contributor

This is one of those situations where you are SOL and the store manager is totally free and clear of any obligation to make it better because you decided to carry a 50-inch TV in your car knowing that something like this could happen. It's not Best Buy's fault. At all. Not a single bit unless the TV was damaged before you closed the car door. What you should have done was have them deliver the TV. Lesson learned.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

[ Edited ]
100% agree with Lex. BB helps you load it into your car. That's it. It's not BB's job to make sure it will be safe for the ride home. It's your responsibility to make sure a $1000+ product will survive. Loading it is just a convenience BB provides. They are not required to. I am guessing that you had no problem with the loading job at the time, or else you would've spoken up. If you had misgivings and kept quiet, then let this serve as an expensive lesson.
Kudos: 156
Solutions: 239

You can also return the service plan you purchased since it no longer covers the television.

Adam

Best Buy Community - Retail, Americas

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!

Community Veteran

That is a bit inaccurate. The plan still covers the TV. However, any repair would also require repair of the screen, which would be at the customer's expense.

I know this has nothing to do with best buy, but you can write off a TV under your home owners insurance... Just a thought as I hate to see anyone spend this kind of money and not have anything to show for it.

Community Veteran

Even though it was in their car at the time?
Valued Contributor

No, your TV is not covered at all. What he said is true but it doesn't qualify in your case because the TV was never in the home and therefore never covered under your property replacement policy if you even have one. Your credit card company might offer you some sort of coverage but you will have to fight it out with them in a case like this.