Add Product

Search Results:

kers84
Accepted Solution

connecting Dell laptop to Vizio TV

I want to connect my Dell vostro 1500 laptop to my Vizio tv e370vl  . I want to be able to stream netflix from online. Is there some type of wires or usb i need to connect to the two?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Entropy

Re: connecting Dell laptop to Vizio TV

kers84 wrote:

I want to connect my Dell vostro 1500 laptop to my Vizio tv e370vl  . I want to be able to stream netflix from online. Is there some type of wires or usb i need to connect to the two?

Vostros are reasonably new, so the laptop will at least have a DVI port.

Depending on whether the laptop has DVI output or HDMI output, you will either need a DVI-to-HDMI cable (Or DVI-to-HDMI adapter and HDMI cable) or you may just need an HDMI cable.

Also, if the laptop has a DVI output, you will need a separate audio cable.  Depending on what audio inputs the TV has, this means you will either need a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm stereo patch cable (same kind that would connect an iPod or XM receiver to a car's aux input), or a 3.5mm-to-RCA stereo adapter cable.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarkWingDUCK

Re: connecting Dell laptop to Vizio TV

while it may be more expensive, id also recommened getting a blu ray player with wifi and netflix streaming to connect to your TV directly, which is much more convenient than connecting your laptop.  Insignia has one roughly $150-$180 with all those features.

If you like posts that I make, be sure to click on the star underneath my name. Thanks!
Please use plain text.