Add Product

Search Results:

Which is the better configuration?

1080p, 120HZ or 4k, 60HZ?

Re: Which is the better configuration?

Depends on what you're watching, the size of your TV, your eyesight, and how far you sit from the television.

Typically if you're sitting 5-7 feet from a 50" tv, 4k looks better.  Outside that range it's not noticeable for most with 20/20 vision.  But 4k60hz is the future, and with most televisions having decent interpolation now and "120hz trumotion" etc you're getting pretty close to a 1080p 120hz.

Also keep in mind, most 1080p televisions still claiming to be 120hz are actually 60hz with added effects (like the aforementioned 4k).

If watching only sports, with a proper source providing enough frames to make 120hz worthwhile, and only watching from over 7ft away from a smaller screen...I'd get the 1080p.  For everything else, the 4k makes much more sense and you're not losing a whole lot.  Neither one's really "better"...but personally I'd go with the 4k (or even try and get a 4k with HDR as that will absolutely blow away the other two)

I'm not familiar with the Hisense brand but BB has the 50H8C 4k with HDR for 429.99. It shows a 4.6/5 rating with over 1000 reviews. Anyone with any thoughts/experience on Hisense?

I'm very distrustful of off brands in general, but even Vizio fit that group once. I've heard amazing things about both Hisense and TCL the past year, and both are supposedly supplanting Vizio in terms of quality and price.

If I hadn't just bought a TV in November, I would 100% jump on this sale. And quite frankly if I can sell my Vizio for a reasonable price fast I'm gonna pick one of these up.

As far as smart features go it's apparently lacking (which doesn't matter, because a Roku or 4k Blu Ray player will always perform better than a smart TV)