Add Product

Search Results:

clja07

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SONY BRAVIA VS SONY XBR?

JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? LOOKING TO PURCHASE ONE FOR THE BEDROOM?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SONY BRAVIA VS SONY XBR?

AFAIK, Bravia is Sony's brand for TVs, just as Walkman is their brand for music players. There are different model series within the Bravia brand, such as S-Series, V-Series, and XBR. From their site, it looks like XBR is their top-of-the-line model. For specific features avaliable in each series, I'd recommend visiting your local BB.

Also, please do not type in all caps. It is the internet equivalent of yelling, and is considered rude.

Please use plain text.
gmb2428

my last tv was a sony xbr, the difference was it had a lot of features i never used! ie twin pip that would allow me to tune into 2 channels at once bla bla bla save ur money, just buy the bravia, ull never use all the bells and whistles....its just something to get ur money.  By the way, my sony lasted 10y's and never needed a repair!  Now I've upgraded to a 61" Samsung dlp hd tv.  I don't think it will last half as long as the sony.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

What you said is equivalent to saying "my last car was a nissan SE. save ur money, just buy the sentra."

If you don't get it, Nissan is the manufacturer, Sentra is the model, and SE is the trim level. Think of an XBR as a trim level of the Bravia televisions. I know, bad analogy.

Ok, basically, you told him to buy a Sony TV, but not a Sony XBR. There are still multiple lines he'd need to consider.

Please use plain text.
gmb2428

Your just being too critical!!!  The guy doesn't need an xbr, it's loaded with bells and whistles the user never will use.  Its just like back in the day when u salesman used PIP as a sales gimmick, it sold a lot of tv's but after the buyer bought the darn thing they realized they had been had by a fast walking fast talking @#$%^&!!!   If there's anything I've learned the hard way in life, it's not to trust a salesman.  They answer questions with answers they know nothing about!  Tell you anything to get u to buy.   My resent best buy experience on a new tv included!!!!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

@gmb-- You haven't the slightest idea what the original poster "needs". You don't even know him.

Anyways....to put this to bed... The  XBR has cosmetic differences(thinnner screen surrounding, speaker placement). It also has the superior contrast ratio. 

Only the customer can decide if these differences warrant the price.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Please use plain text.
blackmink18

Sony XBR 6 series has a true video processor in it and upconverts almost any picture you put into it.  I have a 40" xbr6 with a standard DVD player, using a Red White Yellow, and it looks near blu-ray good
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

gmb2428 wrote:
Your just being too critical!!!  The guy doesn't need an xbr, it's loaded with bells and whistles the user never will use.  Its just like back in the day when u salesman used PIP as a sales gimmick, it sold a lot of tv's but after the buyer bought the darn thing they realized they had been had by a fast walking fast talking @#$%^&!!!   If there's anything I've learned the hard way in life, it's not to trust a salesman.  They answer questions with answers they know nothing about!  Tell you anything to get u to buy.   My resent best buy experience on a new tv included!!!!

First off, that's not what I'm saying. XBR is a model of Bravia. XBR does not compete with Bravia. You cannot compare an XBR to a Bravia, because that would be like comparing a Civic to a Honda. It's impossible.

Second, I'm sorry that you're not able to trust salespeople, but at BB we're not on commission, so we get paid the same whether you buy the $300 Dynex or the $9000 Pioneer. I've recommended expensive products and cheap products. It all depends on what the customer needs.

Third, me and most of the employees I know are extremely knowledgable about the products we sell. Very rarely have I had a customer that knows more than me, and I've never not been able to answer a question, whether I knew it on the spot or had to go look it up.

Please use plain text.
clja07

this is too funny...

anyways BByemployee- break it down for me... if i went into your store and wanted to get a sony tv which one would you try to sell to me... work your magic!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor

I'd hand you off to one of the HT associates, because I sell cell phones! Lol.
Please use plain text.