Add Product

Search Results:

Sony XBR55X800B no sound on just netflix and amazon prime video

I just got this new tv and the sound works perfect on cable tv (hdmi) , plex app (local video streaming) , chromecast (hdmi) and even works with the pandora app but the second i switch to netflix or amazon video no sound... i have contacted sony checked all the settings with them. They even did the whole remote tv access then i spoke to netflix which they concluded its my internet connection not allowing me to hear sound while picture is coming in great with no lag.. i have a sound bar (with arc) but the issue happens even when the soundbar is disconnected. Sony and netflix made it seem like i am the only one that has this issue, hard to believe so does anyone have any suggestions or should i just return the tv? 

thank you in advance! 

Trusted Member

Re: Sony XBR55X800B no sound on just netflix and amazon prime video

Start from the beginning. Disconnect soundbar and switch TV audio back to "TV Speakers" Turn off any Bravia Sync features and update software on the TV. Test Netflix with this configuration.

If that doesn't work try a HD video on You Tube. Next do a speedtest on your network with your PC, laptop, tablet, etc. You should have a minimum of 5-7 Mbps dl to stream HD content smoothly.

Next try running a network cable to your router instead of wifi.

If none of that works I'm out of ideas. I would definitely begin with a software update on the TV.

Highlighted

Re: Sony XBR55X800B no sound on just netflix and amazon prime video

Just want to say you’re definitely not the only one with this issue. We have 3 Sony TVs. The oldest TV uses an Amazon FireStick and doesn’t have sound issues. The newest Sony is the absolute worse and works with an ultra high speed internet connection. From what we’re seeing Sony doesn’t like to play well with others. Such a shame! However, we know of others TVs mugs that have a great picture and great sound quality with Amazon and other apps. Just saying.