Add Product

Search Results:

lanierip

Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" LED, using surround sound with integrated Netflix.

Hello, I have a Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" LED TV and a Denon AVR-2311CI surround sound receiver. When watching TV via my cable box and playing games via my PlayStation 3, I have no problems using surround sound. However, when I want to use the integrated Netflix App on the Sharp Aquos TV, the sound comes out of the back TV (where the TV's speakers are) rather than the surround sound speakers. Please help me.

Please use plain text.
CrystalWoW
Topics: 313
Kudos: 222
Solutions: 602

Re: Sharp Aquos Quattron 70" LED, using surround sound with integrated Netflix.

Run an optical cable from the t.v. to the receiver and when you are using the app switch the receiver to the optical input option and wala!

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Please use plain text.
lanierip

Sounds good. Is there is no way to do this via HDMI? Or do I have to use optical audio?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarkWingDUCK

check to see if your TVs hdmi input is 1.4 comliant.  If so, you can use any certified version 1.4 hdmi cable to connect from TV to receiver and enable audio return channel (if the TV has the ability to do so).  You may have to google that last piece of information yourself to see if the TV is compatible with audio return channel.  If so, then you wont have to run an optical cable.

If you like posts that I make, be sure to click on the star underneath my name. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Swarley

the LC-70LE732U has Audio Return Chanel (ARC) support through the HDMI 1 port (only).  Plug in an HDMI 1.4/1.4a cable from the AVR2311 output to the HDMI 1 input.

To enable ARC on your receiver, you must turn HDMI Control on.

On the receiver, go to Manual Setup --> HDMI Setup --> HDMI Control: Switch to "On"

Please use plain text.
lanierip

Thanks. I set my receiver to HDMI Control: On. Now, when watching integrated Netflix, what input should the receiver be set to?

Please use plain text.
lanierip

Nevermind, I figured it out. Just had to unplug and replug the HDMI cable so the new settings could set-in. Kudos x1000!

Please use plain text.
Swarley

=) Enjoy!

Please use plain text.