Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Samsung Smart TV - Guide stopped working after latest update

There is something completely ridiculous about this problem. The guide comes on and then vanishes. Its gone more often than its there but it does reappear now and then. But NOTE I have NEVER bothered to connect it to the internet. So it does not work as a Smart tv at all. Ok That clear. No internet connection at all. So whatever it is its not that. Beyond me. If it wasn't a Stupid Smart TV no doubt the guide would work normally.  

Lucky the picture is so good or I would feel really ripped off.

I just noticed that my Guide button and Picture Size edting options (zoom, etc.) (and who knows what else) stopped working.  I see that you had this problem last year.  Did it resolve itself with future udpates?  Very frustrating to have features, use them, and then see "Not Available" when attempting to use them!! Smiley Sad

My features never came back. I can't even use the previous chanel feature and it really angers me. I'll NEVER buy another Samsung product! They steal what we paid for and then lie about it.

The guide has been back and stayed for a few days and then gone again. Was there yesterday but gone today. How or why this happens not I have not got a clue. Has Samsung resolved it?? No evidently. Why would it need such frequent updates anyhow. Sorry Samsung the  Smart TV with the  Dumb Guide.

Bummer! I called Samsung and actually got help. Shocking! I had lost the PIP feature and picture resizing feature...and assumed I'd also lost the Guide.  However, it seems I actually had not ever used the Guide.  Samsung wanted to reset my TV to originaly factory settings and I refused.  I'd already calibrated the TV and wasn't going to let them undo it just because something zapped due to no fault of my own.  At first they said they had no other options and then somehow found other options..go figure.  They did some "diagnosis" steps...and magically it fixed!...withough resetting the TV to factory settings.  So, I'm ok...for now.  But, I have to say that this is just ridiculous.  A TV shouldn't lose built-in features and require me to call Support to get them back!  I guess my only suggestion would be to call them and see if they can help you...and don't let them talk you into resetting the TV if you don't want them to.  They DO have other options!

Thanks but I think I will just wait...it'll be back for a day or two ....all good ...and then gone again. Its like sunny days in UK. I would just love to know WHY this happens... the tv guide I mean not the weather

Will be returning mine as well ..just spent 1400 for a tv..noticed two other rooms with samsung guides are gone..will be taking this one back before they remove pictures from tv.. still have 12 days ..

You're a goner. Best Buy has nothing to do with Samsung removing apps not sure why you wouldn't shop there because of it. As for the app, it's called End of Life, apps get decommissioned all the time sometimes without notice however Samsung did announce it and while I hate they they did, you are wasting your time... Waa they removed an app, I'm going to BBB you...amatuer hour.

We bought our TV's from Best Buy.    We expect Best Buy to use its influence to represent our interests with Samsung.   Basically, to twist Samsung's arm, until they cave.  Best Buy needs to tell Samsung, we will not sell any of your products if you are going to screw our customers, because in the end, its Best Buy's reputation that is permanently damaged.

The problem we have, is that "end of life" occurred while they were still selling the feature/app as new and available.

RESET SMART HUB FEATURE. APPS AND. GUIDE IS CONTROLLED BY THE SMART HUB. HOPE THIS HELPS!