Add Product

Search Results:

1217etbrown

Pioneer VSX-1019 Receiver Input Switches

I purchased a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver a few months ago, and have had the annoying problem of the input automatically swtiching a few seconds after being turned on. When the receiver is first turned on it will switch to the correct input for the desired input device (Blu-Ray, Cable Box, etc), but after about 5 seconds it will switch to a different input. I've checked Pioneer's website and it was no help at all. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a solution? 

Here is my system:

Receiver:  Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K

TV:  Samsung PN58B860YF

Cable Box:  Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

Blu-Ray:  Samsung BD-P1600

VCR/DVD:  Toshiba D-VR5SU

Please use plain text.
mstng87gt
Topics: 61
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 33

Re: Pioneer VSX-1019 Receiver Input Switches

Do a search for Pioneer receivers on this forum. I couldn't find the post but I helped someone else with this problem a couple of months ago.  I am pretty sure it had to do with a setting for Zone 2 that came preset up to on.  You could also do a search for my posts as well. 

Please use plain text.
strattsm

Hello, were you ever able to resolve this problem?  I have the same Pioneer VSX-1019 receiver and am having the same issue.

I checked your previous posts and it looks like the other user's issue was related to the MultiZone function.  I turned that off on my receiver but am still having the issue.

I have my components (digital set top box, PS3 and WII) running into the receiver and 1 HDMI cable running out to my TV (Samsung UN55B8000).  

If I turn just the receiver on everything is fine - the receiver stays on the input it was on when it was last turned off.  As soon as I turn the TV on however, after a few seconds the receiver automatically switches to the TV/Satellite input.  From there I have to manually switch the receiver to the correct input based on the device I'm using and it stays on that input.

Something about the TV turning on seems to be kicking the receiver to switch to the TV/Satellite input.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
mstng87gt

Are you saying your not getting a picture from that device when the TV turns on? I am reading your manual.  In what order do you turn on your system. I can't see this causing your problem but it says to turn on Settop box first then the TV and finally the receiver. Then you select the input you want on.  Will it let you do it in this order?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
cr_client

strattsm-

The 1019 has "KURO-Link" functionality on it, which allows HDMI-CEC-compatible devices to control each other through the HDMI cables, including automatically switching the input when a device is turned on, etc. Turn that feature off, and your problems should go away.

FWIW, this probably would have fixed the OP's issue back in May, too.
---------------------------------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Please use plain text.
mstng87gt

Back in May the problem was it would switch to Zone 2. which was caused by a completely differnet setting.

Please use plain text.
strattsm

Thank you so much - turning off the KURO-link option fixed the issue!  The receiver no longer automatically switches to the TV/Satellite input when I turn the TV on.

Problem solved!

Please use plain text.