10-25-2011 03:03 PM
I have a Dynex 32' LCD TV and the sound just stopped yesterday (it's approximately 1 1/2 yrs old). I tried unplugging and replugging several times but the sound has not returned! It is connected by Cable and I also have a DVD/VCR player connected to it. I turned on the DVD and loaded in and the DVD movie played "with sound" and no problem there. But when I switch back to "input" to TV it returns to the channels but still no sound on the TV. Could someone help me with this. Thanx, CAM
10-25-2011 03:41 PM
That's a perplexing issue. It could be..
1. The TV's speakers are set incorrectly (say, to HDMI out or optical out instead of speakers) for the input you're using.
2. The cable box or input source for TV is not giving sound.
3. The HDMI cable (if used) is slightly broken.
It does *not* sound like it's a problem with a defect in the TV, thankfully, so no repair seems needed.
Things to try:
1. Swap out the HDMI cable if you have another and you're using that type of cable.
2. Check audio source/output for the source you're using (cable input, composite, HDMI)
3. Hook the cable box to another TV to see if that's working right, if possible (say, if you have a small TV laying around you can check real quick).
Try as much as that as you can, and tell us what you come up with! Also, the model number of the TV would really help with more specific directions.
|I am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.|
: Open Mailbox
10-31-2011 05:31 PM