Add Product

Search Results:

Looking for new tv

Looking to get a new tv I have 3 sets in mind to choose from Sony x900e 65 inch or last years Samsung ks8000 or this years vizio p series, the features I really care for in a tv are the hdr and how good a tv can put out blacks and how good the blacks look in dark room but idk witch one has best
Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for new tv

I would go with the Sony. I just feel Sony has a long history of producing really great TV sets that hold up.

I have been contemplaing upgrading to a 4K TV in the near future. 

TV's for me are one of those things you really should see in operation before purchasing. 

Compare the sets as side by side as you can. Look at the whites and blacks. Those that are the most pure tend to be the TV's with the best color reproduction. 

When you start looking at that aspect you will notice a lot of TV's the white is a bit washed out and the black is a bit grayish.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Go for Sony.

Depending on your budget and the size of the screen:

• LG OLED ($4K)
  • Samsung 4K UHD (ultra-high definition), QLED series
  • Samsung 4K UHD (under $2K)
  • Sony XBR or Samsung. Some $400 to $800 models in the 40 inch size have an excellent image.

To future-proof your purchase, get a 4K UHD TV, especially if you also play Xbox. Most of all, go to your favorite store and take a look.