Add Product

Search Results:

Insignia 42 in screen flashing?

Hi all,  anyone have any idea why this TV flickers like it does?  It happens no matter what channel we're viewing so I'm assuming its a power or TV issue, not the signal.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Contributor

Re: Insignia 42 in screen flashing?

Could be a problem with the TV, but could also be a problem with the cables.  Does it flash when other devices are in use (game system, DVD/Blu-ray, etc...)?  Or just when you're watching cable?  Make sure that your cables (Coaxial and/or HDMI) are solidly connected.

Not doing it now, but I am leaving it on.  I am watching it carefully because it may be doing it after the TV is on a while as I don't remember it doing that at startup, but maybe never noticed it before so I will see.  The connections all seem good and we haven't played any games on it or used a DVD player on it; the only thing on it is the Roku.

Yeah, its flickering when it's on the cable stations but not when its on the Roku.  All the connections seem tight.  So is it the box or the signal or the TV?

Thanks!

Contributor

Pretty much narrows it down to just the cable box or the cables.  What cables are you using?  RCA (red, white, yellow), Coaxial (screw in), or HDMI?  Judging by how it sounds, I'd say that the cables are bad.  We get the issue on our displays in store every so often as the cables die out. 

I would tell you to go purchase new cables first as the cheapest and quickest solution.  If the problem still persists, it'll likely be your cable box in which case you'll need to contact your provider.

Hope this has helped.

Thanks!  We'll give that a try!