Add Product

Search Results:

imtaxman

I Need More HDMI Ports for my TV

[ Edited ]
I have an 50" LG and it only has two HDMI ports.  I have my DVR & Surround sound hooked up to the two existing ports.  I have seen that you can buy splitters/switches to expand the number of ports for you tv.  Does anyone know anything about these splitters/switches?  What brands are best?  I have a Wii and an Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player that I would like to get hooked up using HDMI ports.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Message Edited by imtaxman on 12-31-2008 09:33 AM
Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
Coolbballer21

Re: I Need More HDMI Ports for my TV

I prefer HDMI switches, buy them from mono price dot com, a 4x1 w/remote is $30

I have a 5x2 myself....

Please use plain text.
Recognized Member
inutel

unless its 7.1 channel, why not connect it using optical out or digital coax to free up one HDMI port from your TV.  Your surround sound receiver can't do HDMI switching?, and Wii does not have an HDMI out, does it?
Please use plain text.
Valued Member
BetterWay

Another good place to get items like that is www.partsexpress.com   They specialize in providing components for speaker building, but they do have some HDMI switches.

Surprisingly, perhaps, the speaker components that they sell are used by a majority of speaker manufacturers.  This is a reputable company and I successfully built a set of surround speakers using Vance Dickason's book "The Loudspeaker Cookbook".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not work for Best Buy and am not affiliated with them in any way. I like HT and want to help people improve their HT experience. "There is a LOT more than just having a TV to make a home theater"
Please use plain text.