Add Product

Search Results:

How to locale projector LG

Hello,
Here I have recently been stolen my little video projector brand LG. It is a video projector minibeam, DLP therefore LED, which posesde a function of screen display wireless with a computer, under intelwidi, miracast or with an android. Otherwise hdmi and TNT jack to capture HD TV.
My question is, with the serial number, is it possible that I can find it or not? I figure that if the person connects in wifi with his computer can be that it is possible to trace it? Or if it plugs into its TV antenna there may be a way too?
I am very attached to this product.
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to locale projector LG

You might get better results by contacting LG Customer support.  However, I would hazzard to guess that it would not work. 

I know with computers when you register them online the serial number of the computer is stored as part of the registration. But I don't think it is possible to detect where it is unless someone re-registers it.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thank you for this information, do you think that the authorities can do something?
Trusted Contributor

Well I would certainly report it to the authorities. I don't know what type of resources your locals would have.  However, I would suppose there is a good chance your projector may end up at a Pawn Shop or on Craigslist. And if they have your info there may be a chance they could find it.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Highlighted

Or lg can put a tracking GPS insisté but they don't want tell me