Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

How Long Would I Have To Wait In Line For Best Buy Black Friday to get the..... ?

So, i'm a newbie in Black Friday stuff, and I want to know how long (estimation) I would have to wait in line for Best Buy to get the door buster Sharp 42" 1080p LCD HDTV - $199.99. I was thinking around I'd get at BestBuy at 7 A.M on Thanksgiving Day? 

Re: How Long Would I Have To Wait In Line For Best Buy Black Friday to get the..... ?

I'm also not sure if this is the right spot to post this thread.

Contributor

Re: How Long Would I Have To Wait In Line For Best Buy Black Friday to get the..... ?

knowing the lines at my store, 7am on Thanksgiving day is probably a little too late, but then again, thats my store.

If you like posts that I make, be sure to click on the star underneath my name. Thanks!

How about 5A.M?

Contributor

do a drive-by and see how the line is @3am Thanksgiving day.  We've had people camp out three days prior before.  Crazy is an understatement.

If you like posts that I make, be sure to click on the star underneath my name. Thanks!

At the store I'm based out of people will be in line before close on the day before Thanksgiving.

I am a Home Theater Geek Squad Installer. I know my stuff and love to give advice, but don't hold me responsible when you screw something up because you decided to do it yourself instead of having a professional do it.
Valued Contributor

Let's suppose your local store has 10 of those units in stock.  Let's also suppose that there are a lot of people like yourself that want to puchase that TV.  How long after the doors open on Balck Friday do you think it will be before those 10 units are gone?  Hint: the answer is measured in minutes, and it will be less than the number of fingers on both hands.  If you arrive at the store at 7am expecting to buy one, you *WILL* be disappointed.  Heck, if you are not one of the first 20 people in the door when it opens, you will be disappointed. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Contributor

BBY stores are opening for Black Friday sales at Midnight on Thanksgiving night. In other words, they will open at 12 AM Friday morning. 

So, getting there at 5 AM on Friday morning. Is not likely to be a successful effort. 

If I wanted to make a really serious effort at getting one of the huge bargains that are only available in very limited quantities. I would arrive at the store no later than 6 PM on Thanksgiving, and "Camp Out" in front of the store until it opens at Midnight. Even then, there are no guarantees that you will succeed at buying what you want. 

Good Luck 

I was saying 5 AM on thanksgiving day. Not 5am on Friday
Valued Contributor

Once again, no one can quote you a "time".  You need to be at the front of the line, or very near it.  If the store is giving vouchers for the doorbusters, you need to be within the number of vouchers available, so you need to be first in line or darn close to it.  If you get there, and there are 50 people in line ahead of you already, your chances of getting what you want are slim to none.  You obviously have not seen what it is like on Black Friday...it is absolute mayhem.  There are no guarantees, even if you are the first in line.  Your store may not have any of the advertised item in stock that you want, and no rainchecks will be given for the doorbusters. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!