Add Product

Search Results:

poole454

Help! Setting up 7.1 Analog multichannel input

I am connecting a Sony 550 blu ray player to a Onkyo S5100 receiver.  Because my receiver will not accept hdmi audio input nor will decode the DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD I want to connect the blu ray to the receiver using analog 7.1 connections.  I connected the hardware using 4 sets of audio cables and the video is connected directly to the tv using the hdmi cable.  Programing the blu ray was easy, I think, I just set the audio output priority to multi channel analog???  Problem is I cannot figure out how to set the receiver to accept an analog input.  I pressed every button I can see and cannot seem to find the correct menu setting.  When I run a test of the blu ray audio I only get sound out of the left and right front speakers.  As a last result I even looked in the Onkyo book and I must be overlooking something because I can't find anything that will allow me to set up the analog input.  The speakers work fine when I have the receiver set for cable input, I am using a optical input for it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
SlimJim77

Re: Help! Setting up 7.1 Analog multichannel input

There is usually a button on most receivers that allows for the analog multi channel imput. It may or may not be selected with the normal input selector on the receiver.

I was unable to find any detailed photos of your receiver, so I'm limited as to how much I can help. Nonetheless, somewhere on this receiver there is a multi-channel input selector. Find it and be merry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Please use plain text.
poole454

Re: Help! Setting up 7.1 Analog multichannel input

found it,  thanks, I was trying set up audio buttons.  glad it wasn't a snake.  Now I just got to work on the speaker balance, that seems straight forward.
Please use plain text.