Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: Bluetooth adapter RF-BCDM4 - Cannot install Broadcom drivers

In the meantime checkout http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS003619 it worked for me

Visitor

This method of using the HP set of drivers worked for me.  First I had to uninstall the WIDCOMM drivers in Control Panel => Programs and Features (Windows 7).  

The difference here is that the Broadcom installation is looking for the hardware (USB dongle)to respond.  It never does.  Hmmm wonder why.  The HP set only installs the drivers it does not care what the status of the hardware is.

Hope that helps.

Visitor

good afternoon, I just bought the RF BT adapter ( RF-MR8TAD ) ....and I am having the same issue on a Lenevo laptop ....has this issue been resolved as of yet ?   have the fixs to the driver been applied  ?  If so, where can one find the new drivers ?   Thank you !

Visitor

My laptop is a Lenevo T530.

My other laptop  ( which is a ASUS laptop ) works fine...it took some work  ( about 20 minutes) , but it works , I am enjoying it...but I would really like to get this BT adapter working on this Lenevo laptop.   I am running Windows 7 Enterprise on the Lenevo, and  the ASUS laptops.

Visitor

My question is when will a solution be found.  This thread was started nearly two months ago, and, as was pointed out earlier, it appears that RF took the cheap way out of proper support by not writing a driver for this device correctly.  I, and the individual who found the source of the problem, were both insulted as "idiots".  My non-hateful response to that insult was deleted.  I think I've suffered enough (time waited and insults).  I needed a working product months ago when I bought it.  So, again, when will RF be able to produce a correct and working driver for this product?  Never?  Have I thrown away another $40 to a company who really doesn't care?

Visitor

Hello everyone,

The latest Broadcom drivers and software have been tested and verified to work for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 by our engineering team.  The links on the RF-MRBTAD and RF-BCDM4 pages will take you to these most updated drivers and software here.   The "SetupBtwDownloadSE.exe" file contains the drivers and Bluetooth software needed for all of the supported operating systems.

1. To install the software you will first want to uninstall any existing Bluetooth software and drivers from your computer and restart.  This includes all of the Broadcom and Widcomm software.
  2. After the computer has rebooted, plug the USB Bluetooth adapter into your computer.
  3. Download the Broadcom software, making sure you save it to your computer.
  4. Run the "SetupBtwDownloadSE.exe" file as Administrator
  5. Follow the on screen prompts
  6. Pair your devices to the computer by following their manufactures pairing instructions.

If your RF-MRBTAD or RF-BCDM4 isn't working after these steps or fails during one of the steps,  there is likely a software or hardware conflict preventing it from working.  A possible remedy for these conflicts would be to reinstall your operating system and then reinstall the Bluetooth adapter.  Keep in mind that you will want to back up all of your files before reinstalling the operating system.  If you are not comfortable reinstalling the operating system yourself you could seek the assistance of Geek Squad or another computer repair vendor through a paid service.  This would be the final troubleshooting step you could attempt and if the adapter still will not work I would recommend returning with your Bluetooth adapter and a copy of your receipt to your place of purchase in order to pursue the possibility of warranty repair or replacement.

Regards,
Cory
Rocketfish™ Support

Visitor

I went through the installation process, near the end the BTTray.exe fails. The BTTray failure and windows incompatibility with drivers.

Link to image:

Highlighted
Visitor

After starting over with a clean install of Windows 7 and many subsequent BSOD and computer crashes, I finally gave up on the most current broadcom release.  I finally used the HP drivers and they work for some reason.  It installs properly without the BTTray.exe problem and the headset I'm using actually pairs and works. With the windows drivers that come with the operating system, the computer is not happy with the device.  The latest Broadcom release causes the same problems execpt I cannot get past the last part that tries to put a corrupt or otherwise faulty copy of BTTray.exe on the system.  The HP set mentioned in an earlier post is the only thing working for me.  I DO NOT own an HP (or any HP device or equpment for that matter) and I don't understand why that would work and the "official" release is almost as harmful as the standard windows drivers.  This has been a very frustrating and time consuming process just to hook up a stupid headset to my computer.

Visitor

In reply to "Cory Rocketfish Support" I had mixed emotions when I read your reply. At first I laughed then I was insulted to think that you would recommend a user to reinstall their operating system to fix an issue with your device. In all of my years in the IT field, NEVER have I EVER taken such drastic steps to "fix a problem." Rather than properly diagnose the problem using IT accepted guidelines, your suggestion thwarts the issue. Reinstalling an operating system is fallible in and of itself and it is very time-consuming on the part of the customer not to mention frustrating to find out that after time spent on the reinstall, it didn't work (e.g.., hendy and others have pointed out). 

I downloaded a fresh copy of the Broadcom drivers (provided in the previous post) and rather than uninstall any old drivers or software per your suggestion, I installed the fresh copy over them. I was surprised that it actually worked and I didn't have to "re-pair" my device to my HP laptop. Initially, I was able to transfeer a jpg to my phone (Galaxy Note 3) and back again to my laptop. Now, I have to connect my phone through Bluetooth Control in order to transfer files back and forth. What gives? Do I have to factory reset my phone now? (Hardly not); I have other workarounds for this though..

I have owned (and still do) other Rocketfish products and have NEVER experienced such an issue as I have with this Bluetooth adapter. Like other posters have illustrated, I have basically wasted 40.00 of my money on something that simply...doesn't work.

Question: Do you beta test your products under varietal conditions before releasing them to the 'consumer'?

Visitor

First maevid then ITGEEK7081 and now hendy amongst others confirm - the support and quality from RF on this problem has been horrible.  This leads me to a logical assumption - RF made a piece of garbage that is unfixable from a software perspective (IE: the hardware was manufactured defective) or their software engineers do not know how to code quality drivers... or both.

I used to work in IT, as I stated earlier, and we used to just re-image people's pcs.  It was fast and easy, solved multiple types of problems - everybody had the same hardware, and everbody's files were on servers anyway.  But ghosting (re-imaging) a system is a lot different than reinstalling an OS.  When I have problems with my home pc, reinstalling the OS is the last thing on my mind.  If I need to reinstall my OS, then somebody else's software engineering skills are what screwed it up horribly.   I agree completely with ITGEEK7081.  RF, my experience with you has been horrible.

I'm going back to Best Buy and demanding my money back.  This has been ridiculous.  ...and don't delete THIS message.

hendy, sorry you had to go through all that.