Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

ipod warranty question

I figured no, but it can't hurt to ask...

My ipod was stolen (won't be recovered, caught it being sold on Craiglist... was already long gone), I plan on replacing it with an iPod touch, but I was wondering if the ADH plan / GSBTP plans were in any way transferrable in this manner?

I honestly doubt it, but yeah, can't hurt to ask and it's  a shame since it's a potential $70 I'm out of...

Re: ipod warranty question

also, still doubting on my initial quesiton, but what's this about pro-rating I'm reading?

Is this something I'd be able to do if all else fails?

Community Veteran

No, it is not. You can get a pro-rated refund by just going to your local BB with your receipt.

Hello everyone,

I was just useing my ipod today and it froze. Its been freezing but it clears itself and is fine. This time it totally frozen and the front page shows. I can't do anything about it. Its like it is suck on there. I can plug it into the computer to charge it and I can see the volume bar when I press it but the screen does not work at all.

Does not slide. The home button does not work. The turn off button does not work either. I hold it down for a long time, did not turn off.

Now I did not buy a warranty for it. But I don't think this matters or does it?

I did not drop it, It did not fall in water. Nothing I did personally broke it. Its the hardware itself that is faulty. Will I be able to get a full refund or a new ipod if I bring it into the store and ask for a new one.?

Topics: 648
Kudos: 502
Solutions: 315

Answered your other post.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.