Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

ipod broken. Do i have warranty?

I bought an iPod Touch 8GB 4th Generation in February 2012 from Best Buy online. I don't know if I have warranty or not but it flashes and displays a white screen. I was wondering if I have warranty or not.

Also, i want to know if Best Buy can fix this for free or do i have to pay?

Finally, is this covered in manufacturer warranty?

Re: ipod broken. Do i have warranty?

Never Mind. I got it fixed. 

Can you tell me how you fixed the white screen? My son is having the same issue. Thanks!

Ok, I use to be a Apple Technical Helper, I need you to do everything I say,

1. Go to iTunes on your computer
  2. Hold the power button (On the top) And the home button, do this for about 20 seconds (If it turns back on you did it wrong)
  3. Hold the home button then plug your iPod in (Hold the home button while you do this) then you should see the "Connect to iTunes" icon
  4. Look on iTunes for (The name of your iPod, by default its "iPod"), open that tab
  5. Click "Restore" then go thru the steps
  6. Your iPod should turn back on(If not go back to step 2)

Done!, I hope I help, all so, if it's jailbroke, you may not be able to!!!

~Lee360

Hey, I did that multiple times but it never worken. It magically just stopped. 

I have an ipod 4th generation 32gb and my touch screen doesnt want to work but it does turn on i just can't swipe the arrow to get into the ipod i also dont have a warranty how do i fix this?

Topics: 648
Kudos: 502
Solutions: 315

If you're under one year or if you have a service plan on it, just take it to Best Buy, if you bought it there, and it can be serviced under the warranty. If it's over a year, and you do not have a service plan, you'd need to have it repaired at cost out of pocket.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

But if you don't have warranty and you bought it at best buy. Can you still get it replaced by paying for it.