Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Computer harddrive reset to factory; now iPod won't sync

So, I got a pretty nasty virus this past week and had to do a complete PC recoverey on my laptop, resetting it back to the original factory conditions. I have been spending the last couple days reinstalling software, and got to reloading iTunes so i could get my iPod set back up.

When I attempted to do a sync, I got a message that said "This iPod is already synced to another iTunes Library...etc". The iTunes library it was/is synced to is my laptop, but, like I said, yesterday I had to reset my hard drive.

How do I get all my music/video/tv show/movie data (about 30GB worth) back into my iTunes library? A lot of it was copied from CD's or uploaded from other sources. How do I set my iPod to sync with my newly reset harddrive???

Re: Computer harddrive reset to factory; now iPod won't sync

PS- i don't know if it matters, but I have a 6th Generation iPod Classic 160GB

Topics: 329
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 606

sharepod

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Works wonders.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.

I downloaded the program, but can't seem to get my music into my itunes library still... I clicked import to computer... the first time i tried I added it all to my general "music" folder. The second time I tried I added it directly to my iTunes music folder. It didn't add to my itunes library either time. I got an error message both times that said the .itl extension was not a valid file extension. Is that the issue?

Topics: 329
Kudos: 149
Solutions: 606

It isn't suppose to go to your itunes library... It goes to the computer. You have to reimport it into your itunes by going into itunes after it is on the computer, and using the add to library function and just add the file it stuck it in.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.

Sorry, I'm kinda dumb here, but... I will have to re-add every song one-by-one back into my library?

Topics: 40
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 134

Only if you want to add them one by one. Under the File menu. you have 2 options "Add File to Library" and "Add Folder to Library". You will want to add Folder then select the top fold containing the music. Such as. example: Musics file path is c:\iTunes\media. and inside the media folder is several other folders containing the music all listed by artist. You would want to point the Add Folder prompt to the media folder and not the folders within. This will import every music file in that folder and all subfolders.

Thank you for breaking that down!!! Thank you to both of you :-) That got all my music back in :-D