Add Product

Search Results:

antonio1432

Gaming laptop good for Total War: Rome 2

Hi, Im looking for a gaming laptop that is will be good at running Total War: Rome 2 on good settings without killing my bank account. I'd like to spend no more than $1000 but I have no clue what im doing as far as looking for gaming laptops! :smileysad:

Can somebody help me by giving me laptop suggestions, PLEASE?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
bobberuchi

Re: Gaming laptop good for Total War: Rome 2

What size monitor.

My gaming laptop is 17" and I won't go backwards after having one.  However, the 17" are that much heavier and not the type of thing you are going to slip into your backpack and carry around everyday.  But if you want to go to a friends house and game your good to go.

If you go to BB web site and filter the computers down to 17", Gaming Series, and Best Buy only

There are three machines under your price range.

Both the Dell and the Sony Vaio.  though with the Sony you do pay a little more I think you get more bang for your buck with the Dell.  larger HD, more memory and it has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

Which while not the top end card on the market it certaily is nothing to sneeze at.

The Dell has a back lit keyboard.  Something mine does.  I sloughed that off as fluff when i got mine.  Now I really like having it.  Espically when gaming at night in a darker room.

Please use plain text.
carz0159

Re: Gaming laptop good for Total War: Rome 2

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Well, gaming and budget don't really go together that well. But, I happened to find some pretty good laptops.

Just look for anything with an i7, dedicated graphics, and at least 8GB RAM.

{removed per forum guidelines}

These are all good choices with your budget, if you don't need a laptop, I'd suggest you get a desktop, but if you do need one, these are all great. Try to get a higher budget though. Another $500 goes a long way.

Please use plain text.