01-13-2018 06:27 PM
I opened a Best Buy Credit Card account online on 12/26/17. Today is 1/13/18, and I still do not have my credit card. Below are my mounting frustrations with this card that I STILL have not received:
1. When I applied for the card, the website said I would receive the card in 10-14 days. I got an email confirmation of my account opening which stated that I would receive my card in "5-10 days", and also offered 10% off the purchase of one item in-store. It has now been 19 days since my account was opened, and I do not have the card.
2. I called customer service after 14 days had passed since I opened the account and I hadn't received the card. After spending 20 minutes trying to reach an actual person (since the automated system kept asking for my account number, which I don't have because I don't have the card!), I finally spoke to someone who said that the card was "mailed on December 31st" and that it would be "10-14 business days after the card was mailed" before I would receive it. This is completely contradictory to what Best Buy put in writing MULTIPLE times regarding when I would receive the card! And more importantly, I have now waited the additional time and I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY CARD.
3. At the time of card opening, I also registered for online account access by setting up my username and password. I got an email confirmation of my "online activity" stating that my new username and password were ready to use to login. I tried to login to the online account system the next day, but when I put in my username and password, it takes me to a page asking for card verification where I have to put in my full card # and expiration date - which I obviously can't do because I never received the card!
4. I have already missed out on the "10% back on your first purchase" promotion since that is only good for the first 14 days after account opening. Yes, I realize I could have used the card in-store, but what I wanted to purchase was only offered online, and I wanted to be able to login to the online system to pay my bill, etc., which I can't do without the card (see #3 above). When I opened the account it clearly said the promotion could be used online, which is NOT true because you have to have the card in your possession to input the expiration date and verification numbers during the checkout process!
5. I opened this credit card account now because I received an email promotion offering a $50 e-gift card after you spend $500 within the first 90 days of account opening. My 90 days is quickly ticking away without me being able to start spending to reach the $500 since I have not received my card!
6. I have made a number of Best Buy purchases online since opening the card that I have missed out on the 5% rewards for using your Best Buy credit card because I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CARD. Despite what their website indicates, you CANNOT use the Best Buy credit card before receiving it because checkout requires the verification code and expiration date on the card itself!
I apologize for the length of this, but I am at my wit's end with this situation. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
01-18-2018 04:16 PM
Thank you for reaching out to us on the Best Buy forum! I’m glad that you’ve been approved for a Best Buy credit card so that you can take advantage of some of the great offers available to card members.
I totally understand wanting to start taking advantage of some of Best Buy’s great deals. Before a credit card arrives and after you’re approved, for about 10 days a virtual card should be available to be added to your bestbuy.com account to start making purchases before you receive the physical card. Beyond that 10 days the account should be available for look up in the store, though they may not have access to all the information necessary to set up your online account.
To add a virtual card during the first 10 days of approval a customer should check their application status on bestbuy.com and follow the prompts to save the virtual card to their bestbuy.com profile. Then, they should be able to make the virtual card the primary form of payment on their bestbuy.com account by signing into their account and selecting “credit cards” under the Manage Your Account Section. In that section, then select the “Save as Primary” button next to the My Best Buy credit card or My Best Buy Visa card. The card should then be usable on bestbuy.com without requiring that the CVV number be entered during checkout if still within the 10 days of the account approval.
Typically, the information you’ve received about getting the card with 10-15 business days would be the norm. As your message states that you’re currently well beyond that timeframe and you still have not received your credit card, I would advise to contact Citibank at 1-888-574-1301 to ask them about the physical card as they manage the Best Buy Credit Card for us. If there is something else that I can assist you with here, please let me know.
|Kayla|Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate|
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
07-12-2018 03:54 PM
This topic has been moved to Customer Service under the board Other Customer Service Support for further review.