Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Upgrade and save for new releases?

I have an extensive DVD collection but have been slowly upgrading to Blu-Ray and so have been using the "Upgrade and Save" program a great deal over the past year or so. It has gone pretty well so far, and I have been very satisfied with it. For the current promotion (Oct. 7th-20th) I took two batches of 5 DVDs on separate days to get a total of ten coupons. On Tues, Oct 9th, I went to grab "Prometheus" and "E.T." on their release days, plus a few other random Blu-rays, using the "Upgrade and Save" coupons.

The next day, I read online that the 3D Blu-ray version of "Prometheus" actually comes with more special features than the 2D version which I had purchased, so that was the version I actually wanted, even though I don't own a 3D TV. I already opened the 2D version I had purchased so I couldn't return it. No problem, my mistake. I'll trade it in at a used store or something and take a small bath on purchasing the 3D version (plus the loss of an "Upgrade and Save" coupon).

On Thurs., I went to the same BB store to purchase the 3D version of "Prometheus" with one of my other "Upgrade and Save" coupons. The cashier scanned the movie, which retails for $29.99 but was marked down this week to $24.99, making the total with tax $27.04. I handed her the coupon, which she scanned. It seemed to work, with the pricing display on the Credit Card pad and register reading $21.64. But then she said that since the Blu-ray was already marked down from it's original price, the coupon would not work, and the Credit Card display changed back to $27.04, while the register display stayed at $21.64 (where it remained the entire transaction).

This came as quite a shock to me! Like I said, I have used this program dozens of times, and not ONCE has it ever rejected a coupon based on this "policy". I've bought discs on sale, marked down new releases, literally any Blu-ray I've tried to buy has worked, as long as it's $9.99 or above. Indeed, on Tues, it worked for "Prometheus" and "E.T.", which were BOTH marked down! I have the receipt to prove it. Under "Prometheus" it says Reg. 24.99, 5.00 slae disc, Upgrade and save 5.00, for a price of $14.99. "E.T." is the same:  Reg. 19.99, 2.00 slae disc, Upgrade and save 5.00, for a price of $12.99.

When I told the cashier this, she mumbled something about a "server upgrade" not allowing the acceptance of the coupon. Feeling a bit flabbergasted, I went ahead and made the purchase and left. So how could something that has worked countless times at several different stores all of a sudden hit a wall like this?

Valued Member

Re: Upgrade and save for new releases?

This has happened to several folks specifically with the Prometheus 3D disc for some reason.   It's really hard to argue it should be 19.99 since it;s in the weekly ad for that price.    it's certainly some sort of database glitch, but CS in the store should be able to fix it.    It happened to me Tuesday as well as numerous others in the online bluray  forums.   Everybody I know of has been able to get this taken care of in store by showing them the ad.   My store just did a return and rebuy at the 19.99 price yesterday without a problem once they saw the receipt not registering the U&S price correctly.

Several folks have been told "Not good of Sale Items" which obviously bogus or it's not good on 3D which is obviously wrong since half of this weeks ad are 3D Bluray.   It's not the store or the clerks fault that it happened, but it is their responsiblity to fix it.    If they don't fix it immediately and without a hassle then the mods here should help you out.

Re: Upgrade and save for new releases?

Of course, I forgot about the weekly ad! Just took it back and got the $5 back, no problem. They wouldn't even take my coupon!  Thanks Best Buy and Prospect60!