Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hobbit Blu Ray 3D - Difference between current and November release

Is there a difference between The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey blu ray 3D that is now available, and the pre-order version shown as coming in Novemebr 2013?

Re: Hobbit Blu Ray 3D - Difference between current and November release

The one coming out in November is the extended edition with 13 more minutes.  On the downside, there doesn't appear to be a dvd in the new combo pack. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I think I'll just get the current one.  It'd be nice to have both 3D and regular, if that's what you mean.

Smiley Happy

The new one has both 3d and regular.  The current one comes with a 3D blu, a 2D blu, and a dvd.  The one coming out has the 3D blu and the 2D blu, but it doesn't have the basic dvd. So if you only care about the blu(2D or 3D), it won't matter that much.

I'm also hoping the new one will come with a movie ticket to see the second Hobbit movie coming out in December.  But that is pure speculation on my part at this time.  The first Hobbit had a ticket promotion, so I'm hoping the second one follows suit.

Trusted Contributor

I have personally held off on getting the Hobbit because of this..

Meaning the first 3 movies the studio release a deleted scenes extended version.  Personally being a big fan I was very happy with the extended version.

I have been holding out for an extended version before buying it.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.