Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6 Best Buy Exclusive Packaging

I'm in the same boat. I'm worried that this dumb steelbook will replace the slip cover this year. I've bought all five seasons of GoT through Best Buy only because of the slip cover for each season. Can we get any confirmation from the people at Best Buy on this matter?

I am starting to get a little worried , usually bestbuy would already have the slipcovers announced by now since the release date is less than a month away. I really hope they finish the series out with the house slip covers and not switch to just the steelbooks. I know many people that are in the same boat and would like some info from bestbuy on the matter.

HBO decides what to spend on marketing and to whom get's exclusives. The sales of Games of Thrones home media have dropped every year since the 1st Game of Thrones season one released. Father Time has all but killed the physical media genre.
Digital Streaming outlets such as Amazon and Vudu not to mention HBO GO streaming have become the standard way to watch movies and TV shows.

Sure there are collectors out there and sure people still like the slip covers but.... HBO and the writers of the show are ending the series rather quickly.

Season 7 will only have 7 episodes instead of 10 and Season 8 will only have 6 episodes.

HBO is being stingy with the money and cost to produce Exclusive Slip covers are no longer in their interest. Just not enough physical media buyers out there to justify the cost for exclusive Slip Covers. Foreign markets might see a limited release however but not in the USA.
ob1

It's not looking like good news for those of us who have been collecting the Best Buy exclusive sigil slipcovers. I'll be pretty disappointed if they discontinue these after five seasons. I was really hoping they would offer Greyjoy again.

Like many of you, I too have been collecting these collector slip case covers for the first 5 seasons, and am extremely concerned that Best Buy would not be continuing the trend into Season 6. That would be quite the issue for collectors who enjoy having complete sets.

Shame on Best Buy if that is indeed the case, and they're only going with this steel book case.

So Best Buy Canada (as mentioned before) is saying that they will have the exclusive slip covers, but I imagine that they will be released later in 2017 because there is still nothing posted on Best Buy about them. There are a ton of people (way more than I thought) that are waiting on this news after looking around online for updates.

I still have hope that they will release the sigils, but at a later date, because I feel like there is a 0% chance of them announcing that the exclusives will be available 13 days before the release.

Yeah, I checked Best Buy Canada's website, and there's still no sign of those despite them saying they'll have them. So I question whether or not that's actually true. Makes no sense.

I'm pretty disappointed myself. I purchased the first five seasons at Best Buy simply for the slip case covers. Really have no interest in this steelbook.

Well, I just checked in on the Best Buy Canada forum about this same topic. It was the place where the original optimism sparked when the moderator said that she heard there was a slip in the works. She just came back and thought everyone was talking about the steelbook. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I've been collecting the exclusive slip covers for years and have hunted a few of the rarer ones down, which wasn't easy.

I'm going to stop buying Game of Thrones blu rays from Best Buy because of this, and I'm probably going to boycott Best Buy with my other purchases as well. I'm extremely mad.

Yeah I will agree with you on that sentiment of searching for some of the rarer ones. It's really sad to see them discontinue the house sigil slips. I was really hoping for House Greyjoy to get theirs back for season 6 as that was the only house I was missing.