Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Disney Manufacturer's Coupon Question [Alice in Wonderland]

I have a Disney Manufacturer's Coupon for the new Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray that will be released on February 1st and I want to make sure that Best Buy will accept it before I drive all the way out there.  I only ask because I have been given grief in the past by the store manager in Panama City, FL when I tried to use one for the Beauty & The Beast Blu Ray-- To the point that he only adjusted the price for half of the coupons worth (5$ off instead of 10$ off).  It was a really bad experience and I do not want to repeat it.  If it wasn't for the rewardzone program, I would probably just go to Wal-Mart and buy it there as I know they never give me any problems with manufacturer's coupons of any kind.

So my question is:

1] Does Best Buy accept Disney Manufacturer's Coupons?

2] Is there a written Manufacturer's Coupon policy that I can refer to?

3] Who should I contact if I have additional problems when the time comes?

Thanks!

Re: Disney Manufacturer's Coupon Question [Alice in Wonderland]

Best Buy is supposed to accept these manufacture coupons. Some of the managers in the stores are not trained very well or have their own ideas on how coupons are to be handled. The location I go to (actually will never shop there again) is the Bellevue, WA store. They have always accepted the Disney coupons in the past, but today the manager decided to deny the coupon. The reason she gave was because the movie was on sale so she would not allow the Disney Manufacture Coupon to be applied. I called 1888-Best-Buy and spoke to a customer relations representative and after explaining the situation to her, she contacted the manager at my store. Unfortunately, the store manager still refused the coupon and the representative at 1888-Best-Buy said they are not able to override a store manager, even if they are incorrect.

There was a customer right behind me who wanted to buy the same movie and also had to go to Target. Terrible, terrible service from this location.  

I was able to take the Best Buy ad 2 miles down the street, price match and use the coupon. Good-bye Best Buy.

I had a very similar experience today.  The store manager said he wouldn't accept my manufacturer's coupon as it was, (His wordsSmiley Happy "worthless".  The funny thing is I actually had 5 blu rays that I was going to buy in addition to Alice in Wonderland and I had the cashier cancel the entire transaction and I went to Target, got a price match, and then used the manufacturer's coupon with no hassle whatsoever.. I even told the clerk about my experience with Best Buy and they said that it's not the first time they have heard customers complaining about Best Buy and coupons.

I just can't fathom that Best Buy is this bad... Do they really think that they are going to last if they keep this up?  This reminds me of Circuit City customer service practices, and they are out of business now...

I won't be going back to Best Buy unless I have enough Reward Zone Dining coupons to cover the entire cost... I will stick to Target & Wal-Mart who actually care about the customer..

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 90

1) Most companies accept all manufacturer coupons, however several will not accept computer-printed manufacturer coupons as they cannot be easily verified to be valid coupons. Other companies like Target or Walmart accept the coupon outright because they don't want to stir up the customer and if the coupon is not valid they would prefer to take the loss than the hassle, as long as the coupon scans and is not expired. No company is required to accept any coupon, acceptance can be on an individual store basis and does not represent company-wide policies (if any).

2) There is no written Coupon Policy online for Best Buy. Best Buy's own coupons state they are "not valid with any other coupon or offer." and are not good on sale items. This is why many cashiers will state a manufacturer coupon is not accepted on sale items; they are recalling Best Buy's own coupon provisions and applying them to all coupons.

3) This is tricky because of #'s 1 & 2 above. Since it is up to the interpretation of the individual store and how they perceive the coupon, there really isn't anyone to contact in particular. The Community Connectors here are very helpful and so are some of the Customer Service personnel when making calls. I suggest not sending emails as Best Buy gets inundated with those and you may not get an answer right away through that route and just get frustrated (its happened to me on several occasions, so I stopped that a few years ago).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before posting I try to research everything first or use my own experiences. I do not now nor have I ever worked for Best Buy. After a year and a half hiatus, I'm back working for the competition.
If you respond to a post of mine, I will read it. I may or may not post in the thread again, but rest assured I will read your response Smiley Happy

1. Although I appreciate your response, I find your answer to be unacceptable. In my experience, the same store changes their “policy” on this all of the time. Depending on the cashier, or manager, you will receive a different response. This is the only store in the area that has ever refused to accept the coupon. Disney WILL reimburse Best Buy the value of the coupon. You are limited on printing 2 coupons from Disney, and you can only use one per item purchased. Best Buy is the only retailer has ever refused to accept the coupon.
  2. Since there is no official written policy on Manufactures Coupons, it just allows each store, cashier, manager to come up with their own policy, causing confusion and unhappy customers.  
  3. I called 1888-Best –Buy and was told that the stores are supposed to accept manufactures coupons and are supposed to apply them to the current price, even if it is on sale. If it was a Best Buy coupon, those are only valid on regular priced items, and cannot be combined with a manufacture coupon. They called the store to explain to the store manager that they should take the coupon according to Best Buy Corporate and the terms on the coupon, but the store manager still refused. The phone representative suggested that I file a complaint with them, which I did. She mentioned that I am not the first person that day to call in and complain about this store. Funny, I bet this location gets at least 30 complaints this week, as yesterday was the first day the coupon was available.

***Also, on the coupon there is a website www.feri-fi.com where you can input the unique number that prints on the cupon to verify it. Each coupon has a different number, and you would be able to tell if it has already been redeemed or not. Other stores must be linked up with this site, because if you try to use a copy of the coupon of which you have already used, when it is scanned at the register it will deny it and say it is already been used.

Kudos: 52
Solutions: 90

1. My previous post was in response to the original poster devexityspace's question, but since someonenew appears to have responded in the same manner, I'll now address the post above. Personally, I don't care if the answer is acceptable to someone or not. I researched and read several dozen store policies regarding printed and manufacturer coupons, and stated what I discovered.

2. I agree with your assessment regarding the confusion no written policy provides.

3. When talking to Customer Service, how about suggesting they get a written policy, as it is also possible for different phone agents to come up with their own policies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before posting I try to research everything first or use my own experiences. I do not now nor have I ever worked for Best Buy. After a year and a half hiatus, I'm back working for the competition.
If you respond to a post of mine, I will read it. I may or may not post in the thread again, but rest assured I will read your response Smiley Happy

I was not calling you out for giving an unacceptable answer, I apologize if that came across wrong. Everyone has their own opinion and has the right to vioce it. I am still just a litte frusterated.

It’s just that the answer is unacceptable because there is no correct answer, and there should be. It’s a maybe, maybe not. Depends on the store, employee, manager, or weather. These coupons can be verified. Now, I do not agree that other retailers accept the coupon just because they don’t want “stir up the customer”. They accept them because they should accept them. I guess they just have more advanced checkout registers compared to Best Buy, as they are able to verify them.

I failed to mention that when I spoke to customer service the representative put me on hold for almost 10 minutes while she spoke to her manager. The customer service manager is the one who said the stores should be accepting the manufactures coupon.

I am not surprised that no one from Best Buy has officially responded to this matter.  This just goes to show that the quality of Best Buy customer service is non-existant at best.  I will be posting these events on my blog as well as on my survey sites. 

Topics: 329
Kudos: 150
Solutions: 606

It is posted in an area that is not for customer service as why it says please do not post customer service issues in these boards as they are not monitored as thoroughly for customer service issues. These boards are for product discussion and questions. I will flag your post to be moved to the proper location.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Topics: 43
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 85

Hi devexityspace,

Thank you for visiting our forum about this and I am very sorry for any delay in our response, but I would be happy to help answer your questions!  In fact, this subject has come up on our forum previously which you can review at - http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Disney-Coupons-Not-Honored-at-Best-Buy/m-p....

Also, as Melissa had stated there should not be a problem with your request to use this coupon in our stores, but if for any reason you do find that you are in need of further assistance with this matter please feel welcome to contact me directly by private message – which you can do by clicking on the “Private Message” link within my signature below (when signed in).

I hope this helps and have a great day,

Sarah|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate