03-17-2009 07:00 PM
Here is a brief review of the sequence of events that is causing me a lot grief:
1. Purchased Ipod Nano and 2 year Product Replacement plan on Bestbuy.com and did the in store pickup.
2. Ipod stopped working (9 months later) and took it to the store I got it from.
3. Geek Squad determined the Ipod needed replacing, but since I got it online, they couldn't exchange it at the store. They said I needed to call and make arrangements for the Ipod to be replaced.
4. The Geek Squad guy a the store was very helpful. He even went ahead and called to make the arrangements for me (it took about 45 minutes). We were told that we would receive and gift card in the mail for the amount we purchased the original Ipod for. They said it would take 3 weeks. I was ok with that, but at this point I regretted going through Bestbuy.com. I wished I had just went to the store to begin with to make the original purchase.
5. 3 weeks passed. I called the 1-888 number. After an hour on the phone, it was determined that the gift card request would need to be resubmitted. They said it would be another 3 weeks.
6. 3 more weeks passed. I called the 1-888 number again. After 90 minutes on the phone, it was determined that the gift card request would need to be resubmitted AGAIN! They said it would be another 3 weeks.
7. 18 days have passed. I just got off the phone with them again. There is no record of the gift card, and they are going to research it and get back to me in 3-5 days.
So, it's been almost 9 weeks since I first took the ipod back the store, and I don't know if the gift card is on the way. I've wasted hours on the phone getting transferred from one department to another. Nobody knows what's going on, and many of them seemed to be transferring me simply because they didn't know what else to do. I'm a patient guy, but even this experience drove me absolutely nuts.
I will never, ever, go through Bestbuy.com again, and I will avoid Best Buy altogether if I can. It's to bad because I buy all of our electronics at best buy...at least I used to.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-18-2009 04:25 PM
03-19-2009 01:12 PM
04-07-2009 10:52 AM
04-07-2009 11:00 AM
It's been taken care of. John was EXTREMELY helpful. I'm glad I found this forum because I'm not sure how this would have got resolved otherwise.
All is well now. I'm a BestBuy fan again.