05-03-2009 08:19 PM
My Ipod touch 1g got a little gap between the silver part and the black LCD part where the sleep button is. A piece of paper can get into the gap, I'm just afraid if any dust or anything will get into the device and break my ipod. I think the gap wasn't as big as that, but like .1 cm when I just got my ipod touch back in July 08.
SO my questions are:
1. Could you guys fix it, and if you fix it does it come with a new outterware and the same hardware inside? (i have that PSP thing.. 3yr).
2. Also, if i get this fixed by apple, and if they send me with a new number (like that device number thing..) should I have to update that with bestbuy?
3. is that PSP thing for just once?
05-03-2009 08:43 PM
1. There's no way to tell unless it's sent in to the service center. Bring it in and it will be sent out. As for what will be replaced, that is determined by the service center. Generally though, cosmetic damage is not covered.
2. The PSP isn't tied to a serial number, so no, you wouldn't have to update anything.
3. The product can be repaired an infinite number of times. If it is replaced within the one year manu. warranty, the PSP continues. If it is replaced outside of the manu. warranty, the PSP is fulfilled and you must buy a new one to continue coverage.
05-05-2009 12:02 PM
05-09-2009 07:26 AM