Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Which console?

I'm sorry I hope this is the right place to ask this. I'm wanted to see which console is the right choice for me. I figured I'd be looking at either Xbox 360 or Xbox One. All I do is play Lego games and watch movies. And might eventually play the games that need Kinect, but I might just get the Wii later on.
Thank you for any help!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Which console?

I started out with a Wii as I had twins that were 3 years old.  In my opinion the Wii is the best system when you have little kids as the controllers and some of the Nintendo only games are great.

However, going forward if you want to play games I think  your better options are Playstation and Xbox.  

I know there are lots of arguments both ways where fact is based on opinion or what the person saying owns etc...bias.

Howevet it is the games that matter and I think you would be hard pressed to observe without tech gear the differences between them.

In your case regarding the Xbox 360 and the One. I would most certainly go wiht the One. For awhile after the One release most developers will still making games for both systems.  Going forward we are seeing fewer new games that will work on a 360.  So I would certainly go with the Xbox One for that simple reason.

If you have a 4K TV or plan on buying one in the near future you should consider the Xbox One S so you can play and stream 4K

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

And the games for the 360 will definitely work on the One?

What is 4k? I'm sure my tv isn't 4k, but I haven't heard of that yet.
Trusted Contributor

360 games will not work directly on the Xbox One.

When they made the One they literally broke the mold on the 360.  They use a different operation sytem.

There is now an emulator for the Xbox One and if there is a digital version of the game you may get it on your One without having to repurchase the game. And I don't think it will work with used games.

If you do a Google Search for this

xbox 360 games on xbox one

You should get some articles on Xbox Support.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Hmm, I'll have to make sure the games I like are made for the One. I don't have any games, they went with the other party in the split. Thank you so much!
Trusted Contributor

Oh and the other question.  What is 4K

TV's have gone from standard definition of 480p to 720p to 1080p and now 4K.  It is simply a much higher quality resulution.

If you go into a store and ask an associate you can see the difference and it is tremendous.