Add Product

Search Results:

Contributor

Re: What are you playing?

When I say Mario RPG set up, I meant the counter system. Like when you're about to be hit, you can do a counter to reduce the amount of HP from the attack. Though I guess you can say the style is similiar cause both are turn based. That's really the only similiarty they both share besides both being extremely fun. It's a real good RPG so if that's what you like try and find a copy. It's made by people who have had RPGs made before so you can put more faith in it.

Topics: 124
Kudos: 46
Blog Posts: 141
Solutions: 145

I am intrigued... I may have to buy a DS "for my son".

Contributor

I say before even putting down the money for a DS, watch some youtube video to see how it runs and plays. And before that, try to find the game at a reasonable price. Like I mentioned, it is out of print it seems so you know reseller. Trying to make a profit. Hopefully you can find someone selling a copy that doesn't cost both arms and legs.

Trusted Contributor

If you get a DS then Shen Megami Tensei is a must. 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors (999) was a good game with a good story but a lot of reading. I liked it a lot though. It's basically a saw type situation with multiple endings.
Contributor

Agree with getting a SMT game. Strange Journey is amazing and if you like Stragety/Tactic RPG than Devil Survivor is great. There's a 3DS version of Devil Survivor which I hear is even better than the original. DS are a lot cheaper, but I say you should find other games so you don't feel your purchase is a waste. DS has a lot of good games so that's a plus side.

Trusted Contributor

Devil survivor Over clocked is slightly better then the original Devil survivor. While it is a remake it adds over 100 more monsters and an extra "day".

Btw Kyle, devil Survivor it is semi reminiscent of FFT. I haven't played strange journey yet, but I want to.

This is starting to look bad for my wallet/free-time.  I wasn't too seriously considering the DS purchase before but the games you're mentioning are making it very enticing.

Contributor

I really need to stop playing multiple games at once... Been playing Inazuma Eleven for DS again. An amazing RPG/Soccer game. Really wish Level 5 or Nintendo did a localization for this game. There's an Europe version, but names are rename to be more English friendly. Makes it weird for me. If it did had a proper release I could probably find people to play with.

And also playing Jump Ultimate Stars for DS again. I actually bought this game at Best Buy when they were testing out bringing over Import games. I guess that didn't work out too well for them. Anybody ever remember when they did that?

[ Edited ]

Bumcats wrote:

... Been playing Inazuma Eleven for DS again. An amazing RPG/Soccer game.

Where do you find this stuff?  That sounds like an awesome collision of genres.

Oh, and I have the same problem regarding playing multiple games at once, so you're not without company there.  

I am also a chronic restarter.  If a game allows multiple classes or character types, I will play the game a bit and then restart to see what the others are like.  I know, it's bad.

Contributor

Kyle-BBY wrote:

Bumcats wrote:

... Been playing Inazuma Eleven for DS again. An amazing RPG/Soccer game.

Where do you find this stuff?  That sounds like an awesome collision of genres.

Oh, and I have the same problem regarding playing multiple games at once, so you're not without company there.  

I am also a chronic restarter.  If a game allows multiple classes or character types, I will play the game a bit and then restart to see what the others are like.  I know, it's bad.

I learn about this game cause I'm a fan of the developer Level 5. They made games like Dark Cloud, Rouge Galaxy (all time favorite game) and Professor Layton! I'm the type of guy who if I find a game I really enjoy, I tend to keep an eye out for their maker. I don't always play as much games as I use to, but I always at least keep my knowledge expanded. Inazuma Eleven is a pretty well done game. If you do get a DS and don't mind importing from Europe, you should look into it.

I think my problem with playing multiple games is most games don't really have something to kinda help you with your current objective. So I'm forced to start over cause I don't even remember what I was doing last haha.