Add Product

Search Results:

Trusted Contributor

Top 3 games of all time...

3. Goldeneye - it revolutionized or made a blueprint for FPS on consoles

2. Final Fantasy 3 (US) - Huge fan of the FF series and I think this is the pinacle. Way ahead of its time.

1. Chrono Trigger - I'm bias towards RPGs, so obviously the best RPG ever is at the top of my list.

Your turn, go!
Topics: 9
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 36

Re: Top 3 games of all time...

Can you define what you mean by "top" game?

As in, best made? Most fun? The game I could play forever and never get tired?

My answers would differ for all!

Mariel|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Trusted Contributor

However you define top is the answer.
Topics: 124
Kudos: 46
Blog Posts: 141
Solutions: 145

Oh man, you can't ask me this!  It's like saying which of your kids is your favorite.

I can't bring myself to rank them so I'll have to settle for bullet points and you're getting my top-five:

• Final Fantasy 3 (US)
  • Mass Effect 2
  • River City Ransom
  • Super Dodge Ball
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

I'm sure that would be totally different if I thought longer but that's what came out first...

Trusted Contributor

Exactly what I was looking for no thinking just the ones that pop in your head.

And Im surprised river city made the top.

Oh and I'm not quite sure about this, but all the fingers on my right hand are up when I read your list. I thought my kindergarten teacher told me that was 5... Guess Mrs. Uhlendorf was wrong.

Pshh, maybe if Mrs. Uhlendorf played more games growing up she would have learned herself some countin'.

And I don't know why I loved River City Ransom so much, but I totally did.

Mass Effect 2:  The impact of decisions and the branching storyline are great but in the end making me care about my choices in a game is the best

X-Com:  So many hours and again caring about what is happening to my little squad

Panzer General II: The best mix of fun and technically challenging, It has not been surpassed in my opinion.

I will share a story on X-com.   So I was on the very last mission.  I am one of those people who will re-load if a person on the squad dies (don't judge me) and at the start of the mission I had a death, but I decided to play as far as I could just to see what I was in for.  So as my squad split up and started to search the rooms it became a battle of attrition.   For whatever reason the final part of the base I found was the elevator up to the big bad brain. 

So I have 2 squad members left.   They are scavenging equipment and ammo from the dead members of the team.   I enter the hallway to the elevator and one member goes down from a snapshot at the end of the hall.   my last remaining guy throws his last plasma grenade and takes out the 3 aliens at the end of the hall.   I enter the elevator with my last guy and after exchanging fire with the remaining guards manage to take them down.  But I am bleeding out and I have no medical pack to heal myself.   I had 2 rounds before I was going to go unconscious.  I pull out my last boomer bazooka round and after the cutscreen fire it directly into the brain (overkill because a single pistol round would have done the same thing).

I kill the brain, blow myself up, and win the game.   best ending ever in my life, it was like making up a Hollywood movie as I played.  I went back and played it with no casualties but 20 years later I still remember the exhilaration and satisfaction of making it to the end and winning with my last shot. 

best gaming memory ever

John

Topics: 9
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 36

Great story, John! Thanks for sharing. I was picturing movie scenes when I read that!

I still am trying to decide. Since I've come along to the gaming scene a little later in life, I just don't know! Some of the titles I see I haven't even heard of.

Can't wait to hear more of people's opinions!

Mariel|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate

I'm sorry but John, THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!  It's moments like that that need to be recorded in a book or something.

Hmmm... I haz an idea... incoming new thread.

Trusted Member

Madden - maybe 02-06 can nail down exactly which one, but definately on the ps2

Monster Hunter - Come on, the Wii version sucks- how about a PS3 version....(not PSP!!)

4th & Inches - C64 I created a fake league and teams and kept a season of stats all by hand. and no I didn't find out about girls till later in high school

Bard Tale 3 - C64 just dug that game

Wastland - for the C64, not the ps2 version. Like the bards tale but post nuclear war.