Add Product

Search Results:

Nintendo Switch Availibility

Any idea on when more Nintendo Switches will be in stock? Generally in the downtown Chicago and Chicago metro area.

Re: Switch restock

They tend to hold them for Sunday release at most retailers, so you should check then to see if they may have received any.

Trusted Member

@Adventurene I will mention that at retail, not everyone is going to have the answers, even the people that work closely to it. Sometimes it's based just on chance that it happens and someone was off that day, and nobody tells them about it happening. That stuff happens all the time. The system will still sell out in a day so it never sits on a shelf, but if you figure out the day it gets in, you have a good chance of getting it.

Also, you're a little outdated by your information about Nintendo "short stocking". The NES Classic is a very different item, one that was 1) not a priority like the upcoming Switch launch, and 2) not a permanent item that they would produce for more than a year. Keep in mind that they had to manufacture over 2 million Switches for a March launch while the Wii U was staggering, so the NES Classic was a way to keep afloat till then. It turned out to be way more popular than people expected (despite nintendo having several systems that could download those games already).

As for the 3DS, I don't know what info you're going off of, but the 3DS was a commercial failure at launch (due to a $250 price tag for a non-XL system). After the price drop, sales improved, but I wouldn't say it was impossible to get one. The New 3DS XL did well at launch and had two special editions, one of which was heavily effected by a port strike (and showed up a couple months later to sell slowly on the shelves). The Black Friday New 3DS was highly popular because it was so cheap ($99). It was limited edition and that was not a permanent item (or price). So again, not quite sure what you mean by the 3DS being short stocked for launch.

The Wii is an old situation that no longer applies. That was intentional, and it worked for them, but they haven't done that strategy for a console for a long time. The Wii wasn't being shipped to stores nearly as often (monthly if even that). I got mine on launch day but also worked at Target at the time, and it was much more spread out for shipments.

Now what's funny about your statement is you say they can't keep up with the demand and yet you say companies should push them to supply more? They're definitely trying, over 5 million in 4 months is incredible. They've already done quite a bit, including shipping by air to get more consoles into the country (and paying much more to do so). They initially planned 2 million for launch but ended up having almost 3 million for launch day (2.74 to be exact). They can't do more than what is possible. Keep in mind that launch day is stock that was stockpiled from lots of shipments beforehand while new shipments are usually sold faster (example, 200 for launch day made up of four shipments of 50 versus one shipment of 50 post launch to sell immediately). Retailers will either stock pile to give more stock for each shipment or they will sell what they get immediately despite smaller supply for those immediate sales.

I heard the GameStop CEO mention Switch supply problems till 2018, but (correct my if I'm wrong with a link) Reggie only said it won't be like the NES Classic (which so far is true), and that they are prioritizing the console production (something that wouldn't be possible if they were also producing NES Classic as a permanent sku). They want to do over 12 million consoles by next March.

Long story short, Nintendo is definitely trying their best and they are doing extremely well despite their high demand product selling out quickly. It's only been four months and it has done much better than the Wii (which launched during a holiday season where demand is even higher) in comparison. This isn't me defending Nintendo, this is me just looking at the facts and how it's unfair to blame a company that is literally doing something nobody else is doing with their hardware production.

The FACT still remains that their best is NOT good enough.
Trusted Member

And the other fact you seem to be missing is that their best is still much better than most other companies, and given that they have the higher demand, that says a lot. It's only been four months, it's not impossible to get (at this time I can even buy a bundle with Zelda and Mario Kart at MSRP from a certain retailer online if I wanted to). The Best Buy near me even had them today, with one left just as they were about to close. And that wasn't even the only stock they had this week (they had two other shipments last week). Point is, Nintendo is trying and it definitely shows. Just because the demand is extremely high for them doesn't mean that it is their fault they are flying off shelves.

Nintendo Switch Restock

Hello,

I've been checking the website almost every single day for this to change however I just wanted to see if there was a more definite answer. I'm really interested in purchasing a Nintendo Switch however it appears to have been out of stock for a really long time. I was just wondering if there was possibly any information on when it will be restocked. 

Thank you very much for reading and I apologize if this has been created many times before, but from my search it seems that the others were months ago.

Nintendo Switch?

I have been looking for a switch for a while, and only have cash, so online is out... Can anyone tell me when they will be back in store?
Highlighted

Re: Nintendo Switch Availibility

they have 14 at a downtown store on state street today. 

Visitor

When will nintendo switch be in?

nintendo switch

when will the Nintendo Switch be avaible again