Kyle your counting skills are rubbing off... *runs and hides*
Please use plain text.
Kyle-BBY
Topics: 123
Kudos: 98
Blog Posts: 141
Solutions: 145

Re: Top 3 games of all time...

Don't pay attention to him, gpete13.  I know how it is.  Once you get started on your top 3 you just don't want to stop.  That, and real gamers don't read instructions, they make up their own rules.  OOOOOOOOO!...... I'm really bad at jabs; ask any of my co-workers.

gpete13, I see that 3 of yours are on the Commodore 64.  What did I miss with that console?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Member
gpete13

Ha! It's cool, I got carried away and added extra ones.

The Commodore 64 was a great machine. Usually purchased "to help with homework" since it had a printer, it took both cartridges and 5 1/4 inch discs. It came out in the early 80's and had tons of games. Early EA games, Epix and others churned out many, many games. Nothing ground breaking by today's standards, but so awsome back then.Graphics were great for that time and we even had a modem for ours, kind of like in War Games. Most IBM stuff was in black and white, Commodore was in color. You would have to use your imagination a lot of times, such as I did, since it didn't always works as good as games do today. Also there was no licensing, so no pro teams. I even had a Indoor Soccor game, and all the road games were simmed...I do not know why, I guess the game would crash if you played on the road.

It was a lot of basic sprite collison games, and there were even a game cheater that block collisons you could buy. There was also ways to do early mods on the game like breaking into the program and replacing script to change things, kind of neat considering the technology. I spent many an hour playing that system.

Please use plain text.
Kyle-BBY

Nice.  Sounds like I would have logged a bunch of hours on that platform as well.

"It was a lot of basic sprite collison games..."

Brings me back to the days of programming weird games on my TI-83 graphing calculator.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Jimmienomam

I always did mdos. Love that banana throwing monkey game
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zztoluca

Kyle-BBY wrote:

Nice.  Sounds like I would have logged a bunch of hours on that platform as well.

"It was a lot of basic sprite collison games..."

Brings me back to the days of programming weird games on my TI-83 graphing calculator.

I too played games on my TI calculator.  Did the 83 have mario on it as well or was that only the 89T and up:smileyindifferent:

=(。◕‿‿◕。)=
Please use plain text.
Kyle-BBY

Nope, no Mario on the 83 :smileysad:  It did have a version of Snake though ... or was it called Worm... I don't know but you moved around and ate apples while avoiding eating your own growing tail.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zztoluca

what id give to have that game on my phone with out paying, don't need to be fancy with colors.

i enjoed the day when every phone had this preinstalled

=(。◕‿‿◕。)=
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dval

Best of all time!?

3. Goldeneye/Halo -  This spot is a tie.  Both of these games got about the same amount of playing time from me.  Always had the greatest time proximity mine-trapping my brothers in the bathroom of the dam on Goldeneye.  Got pretty beastly at sniping on Halo with online matches.  I treat both as incredible shooters and I don't think I could call one better than the other.  Got the new Goldeneye for the 360 for Christmas, but it's still sitting in the package :smileysad:  Should give it a run sometime.

2.  World of Warcraft - I know a lot of people won't put an MMO on their list, but with everything it's done for gaming, it's made it onto mine.  Over 10 million active subscribers every month, active content updates, and fun gameplay are just a few of its accomplishments.  I've got way more playing time on this game than anyone should have and I've been largely inactive for the past year and a half.

1.  Xenogears -  Started out mocking all of the text for the first half hour on this game because everything was so happy, go-lucky.  Then you blow up your own village with your best friend and his fiancee.  The story hits on a ton of biblical references which I could care less about, but the overall storyline and characters drew me in like no other game ever has.  Even after my original PS2 died, I went back and bought another one last year just so that I can play this game again.  And anything that has anime CG is godly in my book.  Music is incredible as well.  Love my 2-disc CD set.

Please use plain text.
hipityglop

1) League Of Legend

2) Quake Live

3) Legos Star Wars

-
Have Glop, will Glope...
Please use plain text.