Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

All WiFi plugs (5) out!

Woke up this morning and all my plugs are out, searching for internet and NOT connecting. No power failure, everything else working just fine (other non-Insignia devices)! Best Buy, Insignia? Whats up? Is this on your end? If so, why not post something quickly so that we dont waste HOURS troubleshooting, resetting etc??! Ps Ns sp1x7 plugs...he4lp...these things are SO unreliable and work about 50% of the time.
Visitor

Re: All WiFi plugs (5) out!

Same for 24hrs now I think its trying to call home to register but something is down on their side. Really sad they arnt posting a message about it on their own app could save a lot of hassle and grief.
Visitor

I spent the time to create an account so that I could say, Insignia, get your act together. I’ve wasted about an hour and a half on this until I came here.

Have some pride in your product. Best Buy is already having a brand identity crises. Looks like you are piling on. TP-Link is looking better and better.
Visitor

Hey fellow nordiques fan! Thats the only reason i made an account too. Best Buy insignia has got to step up its game! Like i said, i learned too late ...figuring that a big name like BestBuy would have a top notch house-brand and that the problem must be "those not good with technology "! Nope! Their products, while interesting and new, are just c r a p .
Visitor

Made an account just to add my testing info. Have also had my plugs out for about 12 hours as well. It’s not a WiFi issue as I’ve restarted the router and verified all devices have a strong signal.

I even tried deleting a plug, which took several attempts as it could not complete the delete request. Once deleted, it will not re register even after doing a factory reset. I can start the process, I can successfully connect the WiFi settings, and then nothing. It times out and says cannot be completed please try again later. Really feels like it cannnot reach insignia servers.

Other plugs that have not been modified and have correct WiFi settings continue to flash. Seems like the flashing can also mean not connecting to insignia servers. This should be clarified in the instructions.

I’m going to say that it’s on insignia’s side, especially since we’re all seeing the same symptoms at the same time.

Would love to see an insignia smart device status page so we will know when there is an outage!
Visitor

Same here - noticed it about 2am CST on 1/6/18.  All 4 plugs in my house are down, and at times I've caught one or 2 randomly turning on.  Had a lamp that is normally off turn itself on this morning.  I was able to open up the app and get it to turn off, then it wouldn't respond anymore. 

Visitor

Totally agree re: a status page for registered users only (to save them embarrasment) but that would be progressive. While on this topic..anybody else heave a problem with scheduling? Mine has NEVER worked. They simply don't go on or off as requested. Ps: i like the comment about BestBuys image (& ultimately bottom line). Well said and so true.
Visitor

I woke up at 2:00 AM this morning.  Why you ask?  Because the two Insignia SMART plugs in my bedroom were blinking like green strobes in a nightclub.  Turns out 5/8 of my Insignia SMART plugs are no longer working properly.  Trying to reset them, results in "device not found," or if I reset and keep working, "No network found."  I've spend a lot of hours on this setup. 

I called the customer service team and was told that this is well known at Insignia and that an update to the App would be sent out in two hours.  Not true!  

I bought these plugs because they were cheap, but have found the cost in time and aggravation to be much more than I ever considered. I am sure these and other comments here are just the tip of the iceberg and that there are thousands of unhappy customers out there.

I hope Insignia gets this fixed fast.

Visitor

They won't... I've done my research and its just BBuy cutting corners, wanting to be a player, but not spending real support mmmmoney. For example, do you think, regardless of a weekend, that a mamajior company would just let this slide all weekend? Not apple?! Not .. (insert here).. shameful f ...
Visitor

Not a single gdmnd response! Sheer arogance on Beast Buy's part.. others watching? Take note!