Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Insignia® - 200W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System will not power on, however red stand by light is on.

In December, I purchased an Insignia® - 200W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Upconvert DVD

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9212559&type=product&id=1218060207457 ).

Until recently, it has treated me very well. 

I was able to pick up this incredibly gorgeous tall blonde, who loved fast cars and Insignia surround sound, at a bar, and brought her back to my place and show off my Insignia Home Theater System, which would undoubtedly make her fall uncontrollably in love with me.  When I go to turn on the speakers, the red standby light stays on. The unit, however, does not turn on.  Pressing the power button does nothing. The red standby light stays on.  If the power button is held for a second or two, the LED display flashes lightly and the system makes a humming noise, but does not power on.  Unable to provide surround sound, the blonde left.

How can I fix my Insignia Surround Sound, and what is causing this problem? 

Can anyone provide some advice on how to save my surround sound, and by extension, my love life? 

Visitor

Re: Insignia® - 200W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System will not power on, however red stand by light is on

Hi Mateo2k and welcome to the forums.

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

Have you tried unplugging the unit for a couple of minutes?

Was there any power surge or lightning storm that may have damaged the unit?

Also, please try a different power outlet.

Thanks,

Gonzo

Visitor

Re: Insignia® - 200W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System will not power on, however red stand by light is on

I have the same problem as the guy with the blonde and the surround sound issue, except mine was working fine, i unplugged it and rearranged my furniture cause my wife was bored, and then when i hooked everything back up. it wouldnt turn on, red standby light stays like and only flashes when i press the power button on the remote

Visitor

I had the same problem as the guy with the blonde also, but my system turned on once more. I was enjoying a DVD, it was almost over all of a sudden it shut off on me and wouldn't turn back on.  I have my system plugged into a surge protector and there were no power surges that evening.  I also tried unplugging my system for a duration of time and plugging it back in, only to find it did not work. I then tried plugging it into another outlet and it still will not turn on, nor will the standby light come on anymore. I have a DVD inside that is rented and I need to get it out. Please help!

Visitor

Hello Peacharc,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

If no light is coming on whatsoever, this will be an electrical issue. My advise will be to disconnect everything from the device (speakers included) and try turning it on again. If still not turning on, please take the device to the nearest Best Buy store, so they can check on it, since most provably there is a burned fuse inside and can be easily fixed.

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Guille
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

Hello, I am having this same problem. I have the red stadby light on and when I push the power button it makes a static noise or whatever and the light flickers but the machine refuses to turn on. I can sit there and hold ejecta nd it will just keep flickering and making the noise over and over again but wont turn on.

I havehad this surround sound for many years and it serves me well. I really dont even want a new one. 

If I bring it into best buy will they at least look at it for free? How much would a repair be if it was just a fuse? 

Highlighted
Topics: 13
Kudos: 40
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 179

Re: Insignia® - 200W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System will not power on, however red stand by light is...

Hello ARKA,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

Being that this product is discontinued and beyond warranty coverage, repairs will not be free. You would be responsible for repair costs. I cannot advise how much repairs will cost, but it would most likely be cheaper to replace this unit than repair it. 

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support
Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate