Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 945
Kudos: 581
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 225

Fitbit question

So my significant other got a fitbit HR for himself and he loves it! I did some research and I am ready to buy one for myself next week. I just recently joined the gym and I am buying a FitBit Charge (not the HR) to motivate me getting fit even more. I checked my phone and it does not have Bluetooth 4.0 only 3.0+HDR according to it's specs. I did some research and it looks like if I don't have an Android or iPhone I can sync to my PC using the USB cable and a downloaded software for syncing, correct?

Also reason why I chose FitBit over FitBit HR is a price decision as it's everyday price is $109.99 and it's hard to find a sale on the HR models (it's almost at $200 after taxes since Hayward Taxes are 10%)

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Fitbit question

Thoughts....

• Love the HR feature on my Fitbit Surge
    -HR monitoring automatically recognizes I'm in walk mode
    -HR monitoring does a better job knowing when I sleep and don't (I have sleep apnea).
  • I think you can sync with your laptop's bluetooth.  I do this with my Surge when my phone is not handy.
  • I need encouragement.... Fitbit does this
  • they do say that the average activity tracker is used for 6 months, before being abandoned.  I've kept mine to be used daily for nearly 2 years.

Some say the HR is not accurate.  For me... it's better than nothing.  If I want accuracy... invest in an oximeter.  However it will not be convenient to wear as fitbit all day.

Topics: 945
Kudos: 581
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 225

Re: Fitbit question

I went to Southland Mall in Hayward and they had a Best Buy Mobile store in the mall. Upon looking in there, it looks like they sell those devices so next week, I think I'll buy one. Closest Best Buy is Union City and that's a bit of a bus ride to there.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***