2) If you are on a PC, open the .zip file, then open the .exe file that is unzipped. If Fitbit Connect doesn't appear on your desktop, search for “Fitbit Connect” in the Start menu. If you are on a Mac, open the .dmg file. If Fitbit Connect does not appear on your desktop, search for “Fitbit Connect" in Spotlight.
3) Run the installation file by double-clicking on it. Follow the onscreen instructions once it opens.
4) Once Fitbit Connect has been installed, you will be taken to a screen where you can sign up or sign into your Fitbit account. After signing up or in and providing some information that will help personalize your Fitbit experience, the software will beging the process of linking your tracker to Fitbit.com.
5) Make sure that your Zip is within a few inches of the dongle, which should be plugged into your computer. If another tracker is nearby, move it further away.
6) When Fitbit Connect has found your Zip, a 4 digit code will appear on your tracker's display, and you will be prompted to enter that number into Fitbit Connect.
7) After entering the number, your Zip’s information will be connected to Fitbit.com. Connecting Zip to Fitbit.com may take up to 30 seconds.
8) Once your Zip is linked to Fitbit.com, you can log into Fitbit.com and go to your Dashboard to see all of your synced data.